Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, my poor Adam was shunted on Saturday morning by an irresponsible driver at Gatesheadnear Newcastle. I'm absolutely devastated but my dealer has ensured me that the damage can be fixed to new again. She was in the wrong lane and shunted my car around a bend thinking she could drive straight on and essentially hit myfully Adam side on and now the rear axle is bent, the luxury white boomerang alloy is mashed, the passenger door is dented and the rear passenger side quarter is completely stoved in! He's only three weeks old :( Hope to get him back in a few weeks but in the mean time i'll be driving a courtesy car and visiting physio for my back and neck injuries.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rookie I'm ok just in some moderate pain. I'm hoping she just admits fault so work on my Adam can start quicker instead of needing to investigate, although I'm hopeful she will because she admitted blame at the scene x

·
Registered
944 Posts
Crap, hope things get sorted soon.

Did police attend?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No police Alex but I have loads of photos of the damage to both and there's no other possible way the damage could've been caused unless she was to fault. I've printed off the road signs and warnings she drove past and ignored too and I'm sending them to my solicitor tomorrow

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sending you positive thoughts Rodry, hope Adam gets sorted quickly and your injuries heal quickly

·
Registered
944 Posts
rodyr5 said:
No police Alex but I have loads of photos of the damage to both and there's no other possible way the damage could've been caused unless she was to fault. I've printed off the road signs and warnings she drove past and ignored too and I'm sending them to my solicitor tomorrow
Make sure you let the police know. Injury RTCs are recordable.

Best to keep it all above board.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My solicitor didn't mention anything like that. I'm getting a phone call today so I'll ask her to sort it out for me but thanks for letting me know

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rodry, i can confirm what Alex has said, you need to report the accident as you were injuried and from what you say you were not at Fault! I suggest calling the Police or you can call into a station with all that paperwork you printed off and report it.

If you report it and give the Police as much evidence as possible i reckon it could help quicken up the insurance process too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was in a Crash on April Fools day, I rang the Police they did not seem to care, I was told you don't need to bother telling the police now.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just to confirm.

All injury RTCs are recordable and the police do need to know.

Believe me, it's my job!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Alex must work for injurylawers4u!

Only trying to make Rodry smile! No offence ment Alex.

But yeah, it needs reporting!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Wish I got paid lawyer money!! :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hope you are ok. My Adam is also in the body shop after being smashed into by a bloke who couldn't keep in his own lane on a roundabout. My poor 8 week old Adam needs a new passenger door, quarter panel and front wing :-(
Fighting with the bloke over who is at fault even though there was a witness that saw him swerve into my car.
Absolute nightmare. Hope you get sorted and back in the road with your Adam!

·
Registered
145 Posts
My Adam seems to be a target at roundabouts, not been hit (thankfully) but my horn has seen plenty of use, thinking of installing a dashcam.
Rodyr5, hope you're okay, best of luck with everything. I'll be the 'white boomerang' representative for now

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok well that's worrying as when I had my crash I rang insurance and police and the Police said there was no need to ring them any more. If I wanted to I could go to a local Police Station near where the crash happened but they would just take a copy of what happened.
I then re-rang my insurance to check and they said no I did not need to go to the Police station and the claim would still go ahead with no problems.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hope it all gets sorted soon,really horrible when things like this happen.
I got hit by a taxi,it jumped a junction and hit my old corsa in what sounds like the same area of the car,totally ripped my head back and had neck and back pain!!
Car got repaired and took about 3 weeks,me however had to have physio on my back for about 3 months but took about 6 for pain to go!!
Didn't need to inform the police as they didn't attend the accident and it all got sorted ok.
All the best though and keep us posted ))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope you (and your Adam) get better soon!
If you're in a crash and your Adam needs work done do you have to take dealer or can it go to another garage through your insurance? Just wondering with the warranty!Edited by: Awwdam

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.