Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my Adam has done 700miles and is a month old now. My engine has been stopping at traffic light and junctions like it suppose to. It started yesterday iv even taken it on a long run today to see if it would stop. It hasn't im waiting for vaxuhall to ring me back. Hope my Adam isnt poorly

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its hasnt been stopping meant to put

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Tracey, did you have a lot of thingsrunning i.e. demisters, aircon, heated seatsetc etc, as I believe that will make a difference.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry too hear that hope your adam get better my has done 1100 miles 3 month old so far so good but I not got s/s as my partner has and I dont like it

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iv tried today with no radio on and nothing on and its not stop the dealer is going to have a look at it for me just incase as it's been fine its been the past 2days its hasnt been stopping

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope so. Im going to take it on another run to see if it will stop for me

·
Registered
424 Posts
Occasionally mine doesn't stop if I don't press the brakes firmly enough, so if I'm coasting in a queue or towards a junction. I believe this is normal though, because I've read somewhere there needs to be enough brake pressure for the system to kick in.When you've got loads of stuff on it still works but the a/c, fan speed etc cuts out instead.Try being firm with the brakes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its gonna ave to go and get checked iv driven it around town and on the bypass a good 15miles and still not stopping I didnt have my radio or air con on either. Just gotta wait for servicing to call me do the can have a lookEdited by: Tracey.A

·
Registered
424 Posts
Another thought - is your Eco button still lit up - I think that has to be on for s/s to work.Best of luck

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do you have your aircon set to windscreen , think that stops it 😕

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My eco button is lit. I dont have my air con on. Only have it on when its hot outside. Im seeing what its like over the weekend, that's what vauxhall have said. If it doesnt start stop they want to see it.thanks everyone for the advice. Edited by: Tracey.A

·
Registered
41 Posts
Somebody on here reported that the car vauxhall supplied them with was the wrong one. They ordered start stop but vauxhall supplied non start stop. Easy way of checking is how much is the road fund cost on the tax disk. If its start stop It should be £30, its £100+ for non start stop. Also check your reciept and log book to see what's written there. The other person on here had the option of a new car but lets hope that's not the case with your adam. As the other people have said on here the car has to complete a series of checks before start stop will work, one being the engine has to be hot. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine is start stop iv had it a month. Its a start stop engine as it has been start stopping since I had it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yay Adam has fixed himself. took him for another run tonight and he has started to start/stop

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bizarre and wierd - hope that's sorted it!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me too just glad its working again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mt wife has just bought the Adam with start stop. I have had a VW Golf with start stop for 3 years. It is designed to only work when the engine is at normal operating temperature. Also it checks things like the battery charging rate and other things. It will not always cut in if it senses it is not right for the car sympathetically mechanically.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts