Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had to re-register because I changed my e-mail address and forgot my password so I apologise if there is already a thread about this in my absence.
Just before my 1st service, my Start/Stop function stopped working, ie, when secured by the hand brake and in neutral, the engine did NOT cut out. I brought it to the attention of the dealership at the service and Adam has to go back next week to be sorted. Apparently, the sensor which tells the car whether it has sufficient battery to re-start if the engine stops is sending the wrong message. The message that is being sent is that there is insufficient battery power to re-start so the engine chooses not to cut out.
Anyone else had this issue and has it been resolved completely or am I going to be going backwards and forwards for the foreseeable?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just a question, but when you try to go into start/stop, do you have the blower on the windowscreen only?
If it is, the start/stop wont work, it works on every other setting, just not this one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thanks, but that's not the cause of the problem; the diagnosis is as set out above. I'm just concerned that it should be resolved once and for all and that I won't be plagued by the inconvenience of being without the car on a regular basis while they try to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.