Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Adam has been in the garage for almost a month after someone went into the back of me, and now that it's back the start stop isn't working. Is this likely to be because it hasn't been driven for a while? I know it detects battery usage when it's running, but I'm not sure if it can detect when it hasn't been charged for a while. I don't want to phone the garage if it's something simple!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yep I think it will be because it's not been used in a while so the battery won't be at full charge. Our works van has start stop and always when you park it up on a Friday the start/stop is working but when leaving it over the weekend and using it on Monday again the start/stop doesn't work sometimes till the next day because it has not been getting used so the battery isn't fully changed and using start/stop would drain the battery even more

So give a few days to a week and if not you've got a problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that was my first thought so I'll give it a while! The eco button is still on and the window demister and air con are off. They're the only two things I've found that usually deactivate it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My adam wont work if the heater fan is on at all....even on no. 1Im trying to find out just now if this is right or not but it seems odd to me

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine only stops working if the air con is on and it's blowing fast or if it's blowing at the windscreen. It usually works on setting one but it does start up again if I've been stopped for a while.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Glad I didn't bother with S/S! Sounds like a right pain.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine works with the air con on, it turns the air con right down to slowest fan speed. Also if I'm stopped for a long time mine restarts, it doesn't refuse to start.I admit that I found it odd at the beginning, but now its automatic to use it and it rarely doesn't come on.My friend has a s/s Alfa anf hers sometimes doesn't engage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.