Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi has anyone had a problem with the start/stop
when i got MAJ the start/stop was working now its not been working for two day any idea what it could be

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i found that if you have your heater on at number 1 or above the start/stop wont work but if you turn your heater off the start/stop works...
has anyone else found this weird ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yah the start stop sometimes doesnt turn the engine off if I'm consuming too much power Air/Con, heating, heated seats etc. I think the computer works out what is best before turning off the engine as if you have everything on (like this morning- heating, heated seats & s/wheel, headlights and intellilink + iPhone charging) I stopped at the lights, neutral gear and the s/stop didn't kick in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried it with the heating on and the s/s didn,t work turned the heating off and the s/s worked

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine has worked with the fans being on full when the s/s kicked in the fans went off. Sometimes, for no explained reason, mine doesn't work either. I have assumed it was because I was coasting gently to a stop and not being firm enough on the brakes, it says in the manual that there has to be sufficient break pressure.

My friend has a Julietta and hers doesn't always wirkbtoo

·
Registered
113 Posts
It can be caused by not getting used enough as well and the battery not being fully charged our works van has stop/start and always it will be working on a Friday but when you leave it over the weekend and start it up on Monday again the s/s doesn't work and sometimes won't until sometimes Tuesday and that's with it getting used all day.
The blowers shouldn't have anything to do with it when we had a courtesy Astra elite with s/s and having the blowers on high and heated seats on when you stopped and s/s kicked in the blowers slowed down to low then when pulling away the blower when back to normal only time it wouldn't work was if you had the front demister on.
Also wondering does the Adam with s/s start back up when you open the drivers door?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes it does start back up when you open the drivers door

1 - 7 of 7 Posts