Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting Eve I've noticed that every time I get out of the car I get a static shock, this can happen even if I've only sat in the car for a split second....ok maybe more than a 1sec, but to give you an example: I jumped in Eve last night to move her 10ft, got out and ZAP!

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem? I know the solution is a static strip, but I shouldn't need to fit this on a brand new car. In 25yrs of motoring it's not anything I've experienced, so am wondering whether there's a prob that should involve a trip to the dealers?

·
Registered
424 Posts
No static here in 5 weeks of enjoying my Adam

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the standard 'Jam' mats fitted in Eve, and she'll zap me without me even moving her an inch!

Interesting to read that some of you are also experiencing the same problem. Whilst a cure for it is either to fit a 'static' strap or to touch some of the metal as you get out whilst having a foot in contact with the floor, surely prevention is better than cure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to add to this and because a few of you have mentioned it, I decided to pay the dealer a visit today.

I explained the problem and after a few raised eyebrows and rye smiles a technician cam out to look. I got in the car, drove it 10ft, got out and zap! I then demonstrated get in/out with ignition off, zap again! To check it wasn't my car I asked if I could try it on their 'demo' car. There were some other people in the showroom, about 15ft away. I climbed in, got out and from about a cm away from the car got a massive shock, the technician and I saw the 'arch' and all the people in the showroom heard the static that zapped me.....it was bl?&dy painful!

They have now raised a 'technical' query on the system and I will hopefully hear from them later today.

Could I ask anyone that is suffering the same problem to report it to their nearest dealer ASAP, the more faults that are registered the more attention Vauxhall will pay to the issue.

I'll let you know what I hear, would be interested to hear what the dealers say to others.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Hi Mark,Sounds painful!! Hopefully they can come up with some useful suggestions and I agree with what you say - if you've got this issue please report it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had my Adam Glam since 5th April and have been zapped nearly everyday...mentioned this to Evans-Halshaw who said they hadn't heard of the problem.Suggested that the Adam owners forum would be a good place for them to identify any teething issues. At the moment the pleasure of getting into my FAB little car in the morning is only mildly spoilt by the anticipation of getting zapped when I exit at the end of my journey...I love the little monster

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought it was just me! Had my Adam since 28th March & get shocked nearly every day, so do my passengers. I just assumed it was the clothes I was wearing on certain days. If its an actual fault please let me know as I would love to not be punished for getting out of the car anymore!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't noticed any of my passengers sparking as yet and no one has declined a lift so I can't really pin down whether it's just me or not...rest assured though that I will keep nagging them and might even contact their HQ maybe they'll take some notice...hasn't put me off though still love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree, still love my little Adam & no one has declined a lift. Top tip - have something inbetween your hand and the car when closing the door, I usually use my jacket or handbag, so your not actually touching the car & you wont get a shock! Nothing will put me off driving it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Although its not great to hear that others are being zapped, I'm glad it's not just me. Can I ask that please report it with your dealer, as although our Adams are fantastic we shouldn't be resorting to strange rituals in order to avoid being zapped; the dealers need it registering as a fault otherwise Vauxhall will never look into it properly.

Out of interest what type of Adams do you have, mines a Jam with black cloth, so I'm interested to see whether its the seat material.

·
Registered
424 Posts
As I've never been zapped since I got mine (21st March) I wonder if it is the cloth - I've got leather

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use mine as a driving school car and as you can imagine, the hours I spend in the car is huge! I get zapped everytime....ouch! Thought it was just me because it never seems to happen to my pupils (unless they're too polite to say
) I have the basic Adam Jam with black cloth interior and basic Adam mats. If we find a solution for this I will be so pleased to hear it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts