Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had my Jam a couple of days and only run around Town , went for a run up the link road today and my Wife drove, I swear if a Police car had been behind she would have been pulled over and tested, she had difficulty keeping a straight line. After about 6 miles she pulled in and wouldn't drive it any further. I can see the problem she had...I got the same difficulty keeping a straight line, the steering is so light it tends to veer of fwithout even moving the steering wheel.Anybody else had similar problems ???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Adam's do have that button to the left of the infotainment centre that makes the steering lighter for parking? Could be that was on. It should light up when depressed. It certainly makes the steering incredibly light.
Just a thought.
Be safe

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a similar experience with the courtesy car (Adam) that i drove recently. Though it was the same spec, age and similar millage as my own, the steering felt more sensitive and I felt as though the car moved around more. I did have to check the city button was off! Engine noise was also louder inside the cockpit.

It could have been down to the abuse most courtesy cars get.
Edited by: slamred

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found that at first, it was a lot lighter steering than the ford fiesta I drove when I was learning to drive. I have got used to it though and now it feels normal. Like crashdown said, you may have had city steering on which makes the steering VERY light.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've had light stearing happen a couple of times but the city mode was not pressed. One morning on the slip road to the motorway which scared me to death. I really think its something to do with the cars software. The Intellilink is a bit buggy and it wouldn't surprise me that all the systems are controlled by the same software and its got a bug that needs fixing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated, I must admit now you (crashdown) mention it I have two buttons in that position you say, it's two together, the top one is CITY and the one underneath it is stop start on /off button. I did press the city button on the way back and think there was a bit of a differance.
Will check in the morning.
Thanks all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went into service dept this morning and went on a test drive with their engineer, it drove quite well for him.We agreed that as a new car it does need time to settle in, everything on the car needs time to settle,I must admit that as time is going on I am getting more used to it.Really ..the more I drive it it just gets bette and better...JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.