Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do love my Adam however it's been bugging me since i picked th car up and i'm not sure if it's just me! My car seems to pull the left slightly and when turning, left is a breeze but right i seem to g sistance on the steering wheel. I have taken in to account the camber of the roads also! As its worse sometimes but it always seems to be there. I have had it checked and had the steering motor re-calibrated but don't seem to see a difference!

I used to drive a diesel astra which had heavy steering (hydraulic) so i'm wondring if its also me needing to get ued to the feather light electronic steering on the adam! Anyone else noticed the steering?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I haven't noticed anything strange about mine. It's always gone straight it you let go of the wheel. Sounds really strange

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry not noticed anything strange with mine either

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't had any issues with mine either! But it probably isn't just you if you're noticing it. Could you ask anyone else to take it for a drive for you and see if they notice it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm maybe it is just me! My husband drove it and said he can see what i mean but it just feels like the camber of the road! Never mind thought id ask :) cheers guys!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know this was posted ages ago... But I've been having the same problems with mine!!!

I had to complain to get anyone to look at it but they checked my tracking and swapped my wheels all around. I got it back last night and they say it drives miles better now but I'm going to go out today and check.

If you haven't already had it sorted I would go to your dealer and mention it :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi...

As I have said before I have been a mechanic for 20 years so ill try to give you my opinion for what its worth.....

Swapping wheels from side to side will only usually work if the tracking has been out and the tyres have unevenly worn.... so unless your tracking is already out it wont make any difference...

As in the first post in this thread says... if your steering is easier to turn one way than the other, I would be more likely to put it down to a wrongly calliberated steering angle sensor on the electric power steering column.....

Ask your local main dealer to check it out for you as this used to happen in the corsas and just gets worse

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts