Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow adam owners,
Today I attempted to repair a stone chip! its very small, but if I could catch the car that flung the stone while I was driving along the M25 last week.... you catch my drift.
I have purchased the touch up pen from the parts desk for my Saturday white fever. (Casablanca white as its called by vauxhall) but its just not the same! I think this may of been mentioned before but any help on how to repair this stone chip 100% I would be internally grateful! my car is not even 2 months old :( I'm very upset.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You really dont want to be using touch up pens to sort stone chips. They work well for marks on the door etc but I wouldn't do it anywhere noticeable.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Also... I'd check 100% its the right colour! I got the touch up paint to do the door I put into my other car... it was called Red and Roll just like the Adam.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was told by a repair man to use a piece of masking tape. You fold it across itself to make a triangle and therefore a very small point. Use the point to pick up a tiny bit of paint at a time and carefully apply to the chip. It's a shame I can't draw a diagram on here but it does work because it allows small amounts to bd applied - NEVER use the brush they come with

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went out this morning to check now its dried, applied some super resin polish and wax. I can hardly notice anything now. it was only the size of a small stone/ grain of sand. I'm happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts