Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks. i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem mine and the girlfriends adam is red with a black roof. we have had the car about 2 and a half weeks now and covered 1800miles.. we have notice a lot of stone chips on the bonnet and bumper a lot more than you would expect for the miles. we have also noticed looking down the side panels that there paint looks like an ocean in the light very pitted. I'm thinking the paint is very thin as its not metallic we have complained about the finish and were going to talk to the body shop on monday as there not open over weekend. we have also been told that there has been a problem with the GTC VXR in arden blue with stone chips. has anyone else had problems or spoken to the dealer about them? its as if there is no hardened lacker on the flat paint. any advice ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey,Ive also noticed this happen on my White my fire Adam. Only checked a few days ago but appear to have 3 small stone chips on the front of my bonnet.Only had the car 6 week's so the paint must be ultra thin only clocked up 1,200 miles so not done a great distance in it and I've not been off road or down lanes.Gonna speak to my dealer about an extra coat of paint or protection this week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are meant to ring me today about it, I'm going to scream and shout till they respray it under warranty with a fresh layer of hardener on it. 2 and a half week old with around 11 stone chips

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to let you know, the car was in this afternoon. They circled all the chips there was 37 in total he marked he then took a photo (didn't think to take my own photo for here) he's submitted it to vauxhall to see if they want to look at the car to check if there is a flaw In the paint quality he said it will more than likely get a respray. Will keep you posted when I hear of the body shop

·
Registered
431 Posts
any news??, maybe my recent bonnet chip is a flaw too. I have had a look at the thickness of the paint and its super thin! there is a grey undercoat that is hard and the white paint seems very weak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, yes the bonnet was painted under warranty as a ' curtesy gesture' after having there vauxhalls warranty company look at it they said it was our. Own fault for tailgating and green laneing in the car. But we know we only use it on the motorway doing 55-65mph so bit insulting realy but we did get it sprayed.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've got 3 stone chips on my bonnet... always wondered how they got there as it hasn't even been on a motorway!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I put on here a few months ago about the paint being really thin on our car, it's metallic purple and the front bumper and bonnet are totally scratched and stone chipped,my black corsa thats nearly five years old looks in better shape close up!! ours is over a year old now and 14.000 miles on the clock but close up its really scratched and chipped,not much we can do really just a shame the quality isn't there..

·
Registered
177 Posts
I drove to Manchester and back yesterday and now have a fairly sizeable stone chip on the bumper :'( It looks like it's actually ruffled the paint, kinda like if you catch nail varnish before it's fully dry and it ruffles up... it's going in for a small chip on the door next week that was there when I got it so given that the car hasn't even hit the 500 miles mark yet I'll be making sure they cover it too. I have some paint protector stuff that I've not applied yet solely because it needs the door chip sorted 1st, otherwise it would have had a degree of protection.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Not been funny but stone chips happen... it could have the best paint job in the world and a stone could catch it and chip the paint... Newcastle - Manchester is a fair distance, I wouldn't say its up to Vauxhall to repair it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts