Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
You have to take it out f gear and take your foot off of the clutch. It will also stop working if the battery voltage is low or if you have too much stuff running in the car causing a drain.

The light on the switch means it is active as wellEdited by: Neilvx

·
Registered
55 Posts
mine never works, I can have no heater/fans on and no radio, no lights, nothing draining the battery and nothing. It just never works... awful idea. Maybe another con like the VW scandal with the emissions.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's not an awful idea I think it's a great idea. I let my start Stop in traffic lights in traffic and when waiting at train lines. I think it's a good idea. You don't have to have it turned on

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can assure you it is turned on. Also after researching all the things that could hinder it working, and making sure everything is as it should be, it still fails to work. Its going in for its first service next week so it will be looked at then.... worked on and with cars for many years so im not a novice :) keep you updated. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've noticed that my start/stop is also effected by temperatures ... if you drive the car hard for some time the start/stop thing will not work untill the engine cools off a bit. I've also noticed that it's more reluctant to work when the whether is cold. Another thig I've noticed is that it may kind-of crash: when it's not working for no apparent reason if I turn off the engine and start it again it will sometimes restore the start/stop functionality.

I've had the car for 6 months now and for the first 3 months it worked relatively reliably and predictably, can't say the same now !

Overall I find that the start/stop lunatic behavior is frustrating, I'd be looking to have the car start with it disabled by default and then turn it on only when I feel like guessing if it will turn off the car when I stop at the lights or not :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Incidentally do your Adam's remember the last state start/stop was in before you turn it off or does it allways start with it enabled by default lime mine does ?
Most other cars will remember the last sate before you turn off the car .... my Adam seems to always like to start with it on, do your Adam's do the same ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.