Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys ! I was wondering if anyone has started to strip down their Adam and see whats hiding under all that plastic. My end goal is to find the ground wire connecting the stereo to the parking break. If anyone has advice for safely removing the pieces, please let me know. If nobody has done this yet, let me know and I can try to make a step by step guide on removing interior panels!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd be interested to know how difficult it is? I'm thinking of changing my interior panels to white if it's not a major job?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All in dash entertainment systems are wired to prevent you from watching videos while the car is in motion. The trick is to attach the ground wire to a permanent ground vs the parking break. Unfortunately I do not know what's under the Adams dash until I start to take everything apart.

·
Registered
457 Posts
We can't watch video's at all till we can get
Hold of a bloody cable 🚙👍🚘

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lol very true especially as I've been told the earliest I can get one is mid December :(
Can always use a USB stick before thenEdited by: Kyle1985

·
Registered
457 Posts
It would be ok if Adams were brand new .
But they've been available since 62 reg ,
This is taking the piss . We were sold the adam intellilink system
On the understanding that , this that and the other could be done ,
NOT , this that and the other if and when we make available the cable to
To work it 🚙👎🚘, not a happy bunny 🐰

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm a bit confused as to it supposed to do I have a Samsung galaxy s2 and it doesn't connect properly the phone and contacts work but nothing else I just get connection errors so I have everything on a usb stick and I can watch films and listen to music I'm a bit confused as to what I been sold only three apps available is poor and do I need a cable to make the phone fully connect I was led to believe that more apps on your phone would work

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm waiting to hear from my Vauxhall Area manager on a similar thing with the Intellilink thing, I was asked to sign a bit of paper when I bought it and went to set everything up like it said it could be, turns out my nokia isn't compatible so yea i'm waiting to see what theyre gonna do about it, it been nearly 2 weeks now since they got involved

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi,

Due to the fact that modern cars run a canbus wiring system, I wouldn't go touching or modding any wiring unless you know what you are doing....

The easiest way to bridge out handbrake light, is to simply de adjust the hand brake cable a couple of turns and run with the handbrake on one click.... it will not affect the brake performance

Remember its a road traffic offence to have a tv in the front that works whilst in motion... at least this way its not been modded to do so

·
Registered
206 Posts
Joolz, have you ever been a copper?? just the way you said "Road Traffic Offence" as opposed to just saying against the law

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is why i didnt bother with the intellilnk system, as my smartphone wasn't listed compatible
and i already have a sat nav.
I've heard that changing the plastic panels isn't too difficult.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not a copper.... worse... im a mechanic/ mot inspector

1 - 15 of 15 Posts