Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just passed my test and am looking for my first car. I previously thought last year I was just going to get something like a used corsa for a few grand, but then after a lot of research I have discovered that with young drivers insurance you basically have to get a new car to get cheap insurance. Ever since the Adam has come out I have loved it. So I am planning on getting the Adam after over a year of saving for it. I am hoping to get for the 1.4 slam version, with white paint, black roof, black 18" wheels and the black logo bar. Does it sound good to you guys?
I am also hoping to get the intilinked system or whatever it is called and the premium speakers. Has anyone had any experience of any of those 2 options, I also wondered, are the parking sensors on the rear standard on the slam or do you have to pay extra on it?

Thanks, this looks like a very good forum and I really hope I can get my Adam in the next few months.

By the way, because I am 17 I will be getting the insurance with the black box thing, so it should only be about a grand to insure. If I had got a 2004 1.2 corsa for let's say £3k the insurance would be £5k, so in other words it is only a bit more to get the Adam which is an amazing car, plus then I won't have to worry about MOT or insurance....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just bought it as my first car, and my insurance was £1,000 I doubt that you will find it that cheap as a 17 yr old even with a black box but don't hold me to that. Before I bought it I did a few quotes to get a brief idea so it's worth doing that before going ahead with buying the car and then realising you can't afford to insure it. And with you being 17 and opting for a 1.4 you'll probably find it shoot up more then the 1.2 but as I said give it a try on some insurance websites mate and see what you get.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Hi and welcome along!
This weekend Vauxhall are offering a years free insurance on the Adam. Not sure what the age limits are though. And I know it might be a bit too soon for you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it is a great choice for a first car (especially the slam, but then I am slightly biassed :p)
Wish I knew about the cheaper insurance on new cars and the black box before I bought and insured my first car, would have been such a help, but I just raced out and bought a t reg KA, then got hit with the monster insurance (and broke down on a roundabout a few months later!)
Now I've got my Adam I can't think of any car id have rather have had as my first car!
And congrats on passing your test :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts