Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to order an Adam in the next few months and wanted some information about your experiences.

What was the process in detail to get your Adam from the day you placed your order to picking it up. I'm looking to get it on finance so also wanted to know at what stage you pay your deposit, how long it takes from start to finish and any other details.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't do anything till you've had a play around with the configurator, I had about 7 different designs in mind before I ordered and win the config you can see how much each car is gonna cost on finance.

It does take a little while to sort if you have all selected to design your own rather than go for one of the top 24 models that are pretty much already built and aren't ment to have as long waiting time, I was told if I went for one of them I could have it within 2 weeks but because my choices on the config we well away from any of the top 24 I would have to go for the design your own which ended up taking about 2 months to arrive.

When I got mine there was no actual deposit to be paid, only like a £500 thing to get it going and then I got that back when I picked the car up .

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am in the same boat as MJB8028 i didn't have one of the top 24 and had mine built to spec... deffo agree with playing with the configurator its much more beneficial to know exectly what you want when you go in to the dealership.I would deffo suggest test driving a couple as well just so you get a feel for which engine will be best for you!With regards the process:I ordered mine on 6th April Since then i have heard nothing from the dealer... (maybe thats just my dealer!) but after a month or so i got in touch with Vauxhall customer services and now i have someone ringing me every week to give me an update on where my car is!My Car was buildt last week and looking at being delivered to the dealer on the 27th June for me to potentially take away on the 30th (YAAAYYY!!!!!)Supposedly in the last few weeks the dealer will be in touch with you to go thourgh the last few bits (for me will be about my part ex and finance agrement) at this point they should give you a date to come in and check over the car and also your cars number plate (for changing insurance over and stuff!)I put a £300 deposit down on mine but again i get this back when i pick up the car.... or you can opt to have it taken off your total finance.Total waiting time for me will be just over 12 weeks (i think someone said on another forum if you have intellilink on your Adam they do take a bit longer to come!)Hopefully this helps!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Go for a test drive and then ask them for an extended test drive which is what i did. i had the car for a day the following week. they told me to bring in my licence to photo copy for insurance and left my car with them while i had the Adam. it was full of fuel, i had it from 9am till 4.30pm and had to bring it back full of fuel. it was great. No salesman beside me and was able to try it on the motorway as well as town and country, go shopping at Tesco etc. most dealers will let you have an extended testdrive but they never tell you.

As for the car. i put a small deposit down when ordering a factory built Adam on 8th April with delivery on 3rd July. they take my car as trade in and i have £1,700 to pay on collection for my deposit and finance is one month from collection.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my daughter ordered her adam on 6th april too with a delivery date of 27th june. car was built on week ending 7th june so hopefully wont be to long now.

saturday white fever, adam jam, no extras.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts