Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won this brand new primed spoiler for only £67 on Ebay a few weeks ago! Finally got it painted. Extremely happy with the result. What a bargain!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the spoiler on mine and so glad i did cos it looks so good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lucky! They are normally around £300. I really want a Red one put on mine to match the red wing mirrors and grill bar.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know that would be pretty awsome =D are they easy to fit yourself? I might keep an eye out for one on ebay, think I will struggle to get one cheap thats not black though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All brand new ones from the dealer come with just an undercoat. It's up to the seller to either pay the dealer to paint it or get it done privately. Cost me £60 to get it sprayed and fitted from a friend.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Might save up and get one :D meanwhile ill keep a look out on ebay. Looks really good padelic

·
Registered
944 Posts
How do you fit them?

I'm getting my roof rewrapped differently and might add one. That's assuming the guy could wrap onto primer only.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem wrapping a primed spoiler. I would guess they are bonded on but there may be bolts and so some drilling required. generally though if there isnt existing holes then bonded would be the way to go

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're stuck on using an epoxy resin. Once they're on, they're on so you've got to be sure you want one. I used a resin called Sikaflex which the Vauxhall body shop recommended.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks Padelic, thought it would be bonded as there are no holes for bolted fitment. Does also mean you have to be very precise when sticking it on, nobody likes a wonky spoiler lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts