Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a list I have compiled from current ADAM owners experiences and problems.
This is intended to give you a guide on what to check, look our for when you pick your car up, and what to look out for or listen to within the first Month.
If you experience anything else yourself, or feel a problem you have could help another new owner identify before the pick there car up, please PM me and I will add it to the list.
Please re-frame from posting here as its a quick read for current / new members.
Things to check before accepting your new ADAM:

Test your window wipers. The longer wiper is known to go a
lot slower then the shorter one, meaning they knock against each other,
resulting in a loud banging noise.

Check ALL bodywork for marks / bubbles under the laquar

Check your boot opens / Closes properly. They have been know
to pop open on there own.

Things to look out for in the first Month of Owning your new ADAM:

Static Build up and getting an electric shock when driver
and/or passenger get out the car

Check your phone links up on to the Intellilink. It may need
updating.

Front and Rear Lights misting up or getting condensation
inside

Check gears engage properly from 1<sup>st</sup> – 2<sup>nd</sup>
and 2<sup>nd</sup> to 3<sup>rd, and then back down</font></sup>

Stop/Start – It doesn't work if you have the blower set on the
window screen – put it off the window screen and it should work fine.

Exhaust Rattle noise – as soon as you notice it, get it
checked out by your dealer

Clutch Pedal can squeak.

Mileage gauge – sometimes gets stuck saying you have half a
tank when you don't!

Reversing Sensors keep beeping, make sure they are clean, if
they are, take it back to the garage.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've made this a sticky so it won't vanish down the page.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've got a bit of resistance in the lower gears, going into 1st especially. Do they do anything about that though?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would take it back and get them to check it over. Last thing you want to do it mash the gearbox because you didn't get it checked. Probably is just a characteristic of the gearbox/linkage though.
I have the squeaky clutch pedal, current fix is turn the music up but when I get some time I will get under there and grease up the necessary parts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rodyr5 I have seen alot of people say this about 1st and 2nd gear.

Mine does it too, as you say.. expecially in first. I think it is quite common.
Mines a demo model so already 4months old, when it gets to its first service or health check i'll probly mention it too them. Its fine once you have run it abit, it only seems to be first thing in the morning where it has been abit colder at night and its got stiff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
After my trip home its also doing it in reverse. Oh and bizkit I also have the squeeky clutch pedel, but I always have the radio/music on qyite loud. Can never hear it then

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hmmmm the sticky gear thing is a little worrying. Ive not had any trouble with it yet but my girlfriend has a couple of times. Could just be a quirk of the (cheap) box/linkage Vauxhall use
I may have a detailed look at the pedal setup this weekend to see if I can locate the cause of the squeak and put together a fix for it, can't be bothered to take it back to the dealer when the useless muppets in the workshop would probably just WD40 the thing

·
Registered
12 Posts
My adam has started beeping at me...like if the fuel is low or the seatbelt isn't clipped in at a certain speed but no warning lights come up, the fuel level is fine and im the only one in the car and my seatbelt is clipped in...anybody had this or know what it could be?

·
Registered
35 Posts
is it just the once its happened? ive hada similarthing happen to me, not in my adam as it hasnt come yet but i currently drive a citroen c2.. was on the way to work one night and at different times it would beep a few times and interior light flash and stop.. never happened again!?

weird things to happen in these cars lolEdited by: Evangelina14

·
Registered
12 Posts
No its happened about 6 times now, one three different trips?! I don't think the lights flashed but I wouldn't have seen as it was daylight! It's very strange :/

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is strange! Maybe give your dealership a call, I know Vauxhall where I live is open 10-4 so maybe yours is too, although im not sure the salesman will be able to give you some technical advice

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got some troubles hitting the reverse gear sometimes.I'll have to put it in the 1st gear and after that the reverse gear usually hits nicely.
Also sometimes the key doesn't want to go to the ignition and I have to wiggle it in order to get it in.
Alex

·
Registered
21 Posts
I get that static discharge. What's the impact of this? Can they fix it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
weesooz said:
No its happened about 6 times now, one three different trips?! I don't think the lights flashed but I wouldn't have seen as it was daylight! It's very strange :/
Have you got something on any of the seats? I put some heavy shopping on the front passenger seat once and it beeped because it thought someone was sat there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts