Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Today I went into the Vauxhall dealer to look at the Corsa but also sat in the Adam and kind of really liked it, avoiding saying "fell in love".
Has anyone had a Corsa D as well as the Adam? If so how do they compare. I wasimmediately surprised how big the Adam's interior felt compared to the Corsa.
Another issue I have is that I'm male, and the Adam, as my Dad said in the dealer, though he did like it is that it's a woman's car, so any male owners? What do male friends think of it?

I will probably take a test drive in an Adam at some point in the near future, I learnt to drive in a Corsa so already know what it's like.

I don't know how this forum takes posts like this, I know some internet forums can be nasty. I just want to make sure I get the right first car, especially when I'm treating myself to a new one, admittedly on finance.
Possibly will be showing off my own Adam to you soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Definitely get an Adam! I've seen lots of males driving them! Can personalise it to how you like it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've a few being driven by men too. I shouldn't even care what others think, I really like the car.
I'll have a good look around the local dealers, like I said I want to make sure I get the perfect car. The Adam is currently top of the list.

I've been loving looking at all the personalisation in the brochures, I don't want to go mad with the options.

The one I sat in had a lovely white interior, can't remember the exterior colour, maybe red. That is how I want mine too look.

One question that I have that I will probably find out myself soon. Does it have the annoying indicator stalks the Corsa has? You indicate and the stalk goes back into the default position, meaning you start indicating left and right trying to cancel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I wanted to hear!

I remember the Corsa I learnt to drive in, a 1.2 struggled to reach 60 by the end of a slip road, never mind 70.
I'm not expecting the Adam to be a speed machine but if it's better than the Corsa then that's great. I am looking at the 1.2 so may be just as slow.

The one in your picture looks fantastic by the way, I'm not sure I'm brave enough for yellow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Reading your story sounds exactly like mines. In the next month or so I will have my licence and hoping to have a new or nearly new adam or corsa. I do like the corsas but I think the adam is a lot more stylish and modern and my parents even hired one for the weekend to let me see if I liked it, I liked it that much I didn't want to give it back.

I had the same question from my dad with him saying " its a feminine car more for woman you should get the corsa " and I would say the Adam as Vauxhall stated is a more feminine car being 60/40 gender and with offering colours such as purples, pinks ect. But it's not all for woman have a look around the auto trader and you'll see plenty of male designs. The Adam I hope for would be one like this :

I asked my workmates what they thought of it and if it was feminine and all who are younger males didn't see anything wrong with a male owning this. I have now finally made my decision that I will go with an Adam. The adam is a unisex car and if you like them well... Does it matter what anyone else thinks :)

Hope that helps you make your decision as I'm a male

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also answering your question of the indicator stalks. The Adam doesn't have the indicator stalks like the corsa the Adam has the redesigned vauxhall stalks what all other vauxhall models are now using. When you indicate if you push it gently the stalk will return to default position and indicate three times. If you apply more pressure the stalk will go up/down and stay up/down until you turn the corner or push it back to default position.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a newish corsa as a courtesy car when my Adam went in to have bits looked at, and I wouldn't give my Adam up for anything now.... Think I'm keeping it the 5 years of the finance and then still not get rid of it after that...btw I'm a 24 year old guy and although there is a dickhead at work who took the piss a bit "was it warm when you slipped into Adam this morning" and all that sort of stuff but at the end of the day he couldn't really say much, he's on higher wages and drives an ancient Hyundai

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lots of great info there. I think what your dad says is exactly what mine said.

I've already passed my test and recently finished college and looking for a well paid job that I'm now qualified for, which shouldn't be too hard. The Adam will be my treat.

I'm looking at the basic Jam with not many options, the only paid option I'm thinking of is the Intellilink, makes the interior look much nicer.

I'm looking at red with the white interior, the white interior is a bit more feminine but I don't really like black interiors, plus i have a white cat.

I also have the luck of my dad offering to pay the deposit, so hopefully in the next couple of months I'll have an Adam.

Great news about the indicators, it's such a little thing but it annoyed me on pretty much every driving lesson.

I'm going to have a look at the Fiesta as well, I want to look at the Clio but there's no dealers nearby, maybe the Ibiza but those three are the only other small cars I really like the look of.

Oh, and good look on your driving test.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mjb8028 said:
I had a newish corsa as a courtesy car when my Adam went in to have bits looked at, and I wouldn't give my Adam up for anything now.... Think I'm keeping it the 5 years of the finance and then still not get rid of it after that...btw I'm a 24 year old guy and although there is a dickhead at work who took the piss a bit "was it warm when you slipped into Adam this morning" and all that sort of stuff but at the end of the day he couldn't really say much, he's on higher wages and drives an ancient Hyundai
Missed this one.

I'm liking the look of the Adam more and more.
There is always one, I do think I'll get more laughs for the name rather than the looks.

I'm glad I thought of financing a car or I'd probably be in an ancient Hyundai, though probably an ancient Corsa.
Fair to say I've now got my heart set on an Adam.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Out of all the cars i've had the adam is my fav by a mile. im a 29 year old guy and i love the thing. everyone at work loves it no one has mentioned to me about it being a girls car.i would definitely go for the adam. you wont be disappointed :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have both at the moment and a 1.4 Astra GTC turbo,the Corsa is a little 1.2 and is pretty slow but has sat nav auto wipers etc and is just so cheap to run,the Adam is a purple glam 1.4 87 bhp,more expensive but quicker and quite fun to drive,but it does feel like a girls car after i have driven my GTC,but that just feels massive and a bit awkward to drive around town,so if i was just driving around town and not taking huge amounts of luggage about the Adam is fantastic in a man type of colour and get 17 or 18" allloys )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that.
The Adam and Corsa I'm looking at are both 1.2s. The Corsa being the Limited Edition, which does look cool, sheep in wolf's clothing though. The Adam is the Jam.
I don't want to spend loads on options, theIntellilink is something that I'm going to get, I think I'd feel disappointed whenever I got in the car if I didn't.
I really like the Astra GTC, and might just look at them once the Adam, or the car I choose's lease ends.
I've configured my ideal car on the website and it's well in budget. That makes me Happy.
I've also added the winter pack, heated seats and steering wheel sound very nice, my dad's 3 Series doesn't have those luxuries.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My friend is a sales exec down here in canterbury perrys branch and as the new corsa is revealed in 2 weeks they are doing big discounts on the limited edition,so if you go for that haggle a lot!! But yes the toys on small cars these days are fantastic,the new 1.0 liter 3 cylinder turbo engine should make the adam even better,tbh with any vauxhall these days you cant really go wrong ))

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm probably going to be ordering the car in a month or two.
I might look at the new Corsa when it's revealed, I was wondering when in the showroom if there was a new one soon, don't know why I didn't ask the sales man.
I really like the current Vauxhall line up, I think they all look smart, they do need to make an Adam VXR though.
I've also found out that the Adam's Intellilink system connects to my iPhone in magical ways, it's just getting more and more perfect the more I look into it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another male Adam driver here
I love my Adam and again like above everyone in work loves it and the family.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't wait until I'm in the position of getting an Adam, every job I'm looking at (IT) has a salary that means I can afford one.
I'm tempted to go and look at the Up!, don't like it as much as the Adam but they're similarly priced on the high spec models, same sort of equipment levels too so I might as well see what I think to them. They're meant to be very good to drive.The Intellilink may be the decider, such an attractive looking system, whereas the infotainment system in the Up! just doesn't look as nice, it does have a sat nav though.
As for the colour, mine will be red. No charge for red and I like red cars, win win situation.
I can tell my dad doesn't want me to have what he calls a "girl's car" but he'd rather I got it than an old car without the modern safety stuff. He's trying to sell me the Corsa like he'll get the commission.
I appreciate the very helpful replies by the way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My other half was the same when I ordered mine "in not driving it it's a girl's car in a girl's colour!" but when it came he was like actually it's pretty cool and drives it to the shops and stuff without me as a passenger! He has a 2.0 Clio sport and is a propper "car guy" and he loves it! I agree I think it depends on colour and if you are going red and not baby pink (which I know they don't do but just wanted the extremes!) I think you will be fine!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts