Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloI am considering having my second service elsewhere as I find my local dealership ever so unhelpful. They still owe me £80 for overcharging me on my first service. Vauxhall keep promising to sort a cheque out for me whilst saying they are sure ive received it already. Umm, check your books Vauxhall and see it hasn't been cashed in!! :mad:I got told that if I do service elsewhere I would still be entitled to my lifetime warranty which I find a bit strange? I will double check and get this in writing if so as a garage local to my work is offering my second service for about 40% less than the average price.Does anyone know roughly the charge for a second service?Amongst all of this, the Adam isn't that great. Loads of problems with teething, want a bigger engine, etc etc, Vauxhall customer service etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
take it to any car garage that does services and as long as they use genuine parts you will be fine, and you can guarantee they won't have your pants down like vauxhall do by charging over the top.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is law that says anywhere can do it as long as they use genuine parts, I would however stick to a Vauxhall main dealer during warranty period as it will be a lot easier to claim if you need to.
Take it to the garage that owes you £80 and deduct it from your bill

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had plenty of warranty claims and no issues about where my service was performed, down to user preference though, whatever you fancy i guess, if you've money to throw away on a main dealership service when a garage you know can perform same if not better for less then stick to the main dealer,

·
Registered
66 Posts
The second and third service always costs more then the first service,due to vauxhalls telling me more parts need changing as your car becomes older,I questioned on my first corsa service why it was costing so much as car only 1 year old,what could possibly need fixing..this is why they try selling you the service plan when buying a new car,as slightly cheaper,I've had previous vauxhall cars serviced at thorny motor sports as slightly cheaper and they stamp your book and your life time warranty is still valid.its a pain and costly each year but worth keeping your life time warranty if you intend on keeping your car for a few years, unlike me who's on my 3rd new ordered car in 5years.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got the same issue at the moment, my local dealership was pretty appalling for the last one so looking to take it to a nicer garage. Is there anything available on the web anywhere that states what the second service should involve?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts