Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Please can anyone advise me when to expect my first tick? My Adam was ordered around 10th April and we just received the tracking number yesterday - to say I'm eager to get a first tick would be a serious understatement =)) then what's the expected waiting time to delivery once I have the first tick?

I passed my driving test yesterday
and the suspense of waiting for my beautiful baby Adam to arrive is going to kill me!!! I'm working on 12 weeks - has anyone had theirs sooner than that?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm getting mine tonight after mine weeks exactly

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rodyr5

Wow 9 weeks!!! I cam only imagine how excited you must be!! How long did it take for you to get your first tick?

I hope mines on 9 weeks

·
Registered
568 Posts
My first tick took 10 days after delivery. Then vauxhall told me 6 weeks later it was built but no second tick. I only got my second tick a few days ago after vauxhall lost my car in the production plant -_- even with the set back though it's still only 9 weeks, a week after expected

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh you got your first tick quite quickly then - still no tick for me - 19 days in...... I just need to be patient =) good luck with your Adam later =) very jealous right now!!!! Enjoy =)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ordered my li'l Adam on Feb 22nd, got my 1st tick beginning of April... my 2nd tick is due this week sometime cos mine was allocated this week as his build week...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks de33ie 3 my first tick was quite unusually early though so don't worry that yours hasn't come yet

·
Registered
177 Posts
rodyr5 yours is finally here?? I'm jealous!! :p

·
Registered
568 Posts
He should be ready by 5 pm tonight leasville :D eeek

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
leasville said:
I ordered my li'l Adam on Feb 22nd, got my 1st tick beginning of April... my 2nd tick is due this week sometime cos mine was allocated this week as his build week...

Leasville that's great - slap your build is around 8 weeks after ordering - have they said when you can expect your Adam to be delivered after its built? I'm guessing yours is looking around the 12 week mark too.... That would mean I've still got 9 weeks to go
but I know the wait will be worth it =)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Awesooooooooome! Pics, pics and more pics!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's what my Adam.should hopefully look like =)) although ivevread a few posts about Vauxhall getting options/added extras wrong - so here's hoping =))

·
Registered
42 Posts
My first tick took a while to appear too so I wouldn't worry. My adam was exactly 12 weeks from ordering it, to me picking it up. Work on 12 weeks and you should be ok, then it's a bonus if it comes sooner.
Nice looking Adam that. When I went to collect mine on Saturday they had an all white one in the showroom and it looked amazing. The white seats look great.

·
Registered
177 Posts
De33ie - my tracker says week ending May 16th... but going by a lot of other people's trackers I'm hoping it'll be about a week before that... fingers crossed!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll succumb to the 12 weeks =) then it's a bonus if it's any quicker =)

I only got the tracker yesterday as the guy at the dealers is a complete waste of space!! Told me I'd get the tracker the day after ordering - that was 3 weeks ago, I rang up yesterday and his manager said he hadn't even bothered to sign me up for the tracker so did it there and then for me =) come on first tick

·
Registered
177 Posts
Where did you order from De33ie?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vauxhall dealer in Bolton (I live in London but have family in Bolton so travel back there a lot) the guy were dealing with is really frustrating, I'm contemplating putting a complaint in about him once I've actually got the car =(( he's made the whole process so stressful, but I'm sure I'll forget all about it once I've got my Adam =)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He basically never returns my calls, says he's done something then weeks later we find out it's not been done - he initially told ne the finance was through straight away and he'd put the order in, then said 2 weeks later that there was a problem with the finance, then said it was ok, then said it wasn't - it took us to go back to Bolton from London and go in to see him face to face to sort it out as is was impossible over the phone - he just seemed like he was not bothered at all about getting it sorted. So after initially telling us the order was put in on 23rd March it turns out the order wasn't actually put through until 10th April!

I lost count of the amount of times he said he would ring me back and then it take me to ring him back a few days later as he was too busy to call. I've zero faith in him keeping ne updated on the status of delivery and have visions of my Adam being sat on the forcourt for weeks before he can be bother to ring me =( but I will just try to stay patient and keep my fingers crossed all will go smoothly here on in =)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think you have one of those ones. My guy was great. My Adam was all done over the internet. Whenever I sent an email, I got an almost instant reply. I emailed my documents and only just had to send my driving licence through the post which was sent back straight away... Then my Adam was delivered to home free of charge. On top of that got a £2600 discount! Had my Adam less than a week. Well worth the wait!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts