Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I currently own a 62 plate Chevy Aveo, but thinking off possibly swapping for an ADAM.I am a sucker for technology and love the Adams touch screen and gadgets!!!I understand there is an Adam White & Black limited edition, does anyone own one?I am thinking about going for the all Black edition if I was to get one.Also the park assist, I assume its an added extra, anyone know how I could get it and how much it will cost me?Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I was in a similar boat with a 61reg Kia Picanto but although it had all the bells and whistles, it just didn't feel interesting after 8 month. The park assist I think is £600 but I could be wrong. The itellilink system with the touch screen is £275 which is awesome value. I think the black edition seems a bit pricey and if I was you I would go on the configurator and fiddle to get similar for cheaper, it is possible :D

I have definitely not regretted my Adam :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Jimsvolle is correct it's £450 for park assist, just checked

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the instant replies!
The problem is, I have been driving 2 years, and in those 2 years I've been driving, I've been driving Auto cars for about a year and a half!
As the Adam only has a manual gearbox, may take a bit of time for me to get use to a manual again.

Also, I'm only 5'2 (I'm short young lady) and I have sat in an Adam and even with the seat all the way forward, it's still a bit of a struggle for me to push clutch pedal all the way down!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Don't worry you'll soon get used to it! Manuals can often achieve better mpg as well so it's worth it getting used to it again. The steering has both reach and rake though so at least you'll be able to get comfy when steering as well. Vauxhalls also have extremely long clutches so it's harder to stall one. I still can't get used to the city style clutch in my dinky Picanto!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks rodyr5. My parents took a Vauxhall Mokka (think that's how you spell it) on a test drive the other day, and when my Dad accidentally stalled the car, he put the clutch all the way down and the engine automatically restarted. Do the Adams come with something like that? Lol.

·
Registered
568 Posts
No problem BlkAdam :) Only the stop start ones have that. There's a 1.2 stop/start and a 1.4 (100bhp) stop/start. They both do that and they improve fuel consumption because the engines cut out at traffic jams and automatically start again when you pull away again. Its a few hundred more for that but when you put it into finance it makes little difference a month.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm 5'2" and have no problem in the Adam. I did bring the seat height up to the top notch and then forward a bit and I have no problem depressing the clutch at all. The stalling and restarting is the stop start models only and it is weird at first getting used to how to stop it in queues, but now I do it without thinking. The city button is something else I love, it makes the steering so light that pulling into parking spaces is even easier

·
Registered
568 Posts
To be honest an Adam would be perfect as it's dinky dimensions make everything within arms and leg's reach. I drove my Dad's Mazda 6 once and even me (6ft1") couldn't reach all the buttons and dials or the pedals

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been on the Adam Configurator and there is so much stuff to add to the Adam that I would ideally like.
Realistically I can only afford £230 a month, and can't seem to get the price below that!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mine is £215 a month with my options below

·
Registered
407 Posts
BlkAdam said:
I have been on the Adam Configurator and there is so much stuff to add to the Adam that I would ideally like.
Realistically I can only afford £230 a month, and can't seem to get the price below that!
I pay £204 a month and got loads of extras you can get a great Adam for that budget. You might be best going into a dealer and tell them what you want and see what price they can do for you.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tracey.A is right, the configurator is just the set price, you can make a big difference if you haggle at the dealership

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't like advertising or anything, but that buyanewcaronline.co.uk has fairly good finance options. I am paying £92 per month for 2 years. Although I do need to save £260pm for the final payment.

Just put in a sample quote for a Jam 100hp, for 4 years and £2k deposit and Max 15k miles per year is £197pm with no end payment. That is with standard options though, nothing extra. Intellilink is included in that price.

More deposit will reduce that obviously. Check it out and you may be able to afford it... I haven't had my Adam delivered yet but hoping the end of the month. I know 2 people who have cars from that company. As well as myself.

However I must say that I am in no way endorsing getting into debt. That's your choice, just making you aware of your options. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah true, am going to test drive the Adam on Tuesday, so will ask Vauxhall what deals they can do for the sort of car/spec I am after. Thanks Tracey.A

·
Registered
407 Posts
Your welcome. After your test drive you will want the Adam more. I just sat init and knew I wanted to buy one. Was so suprised that I could get one on my budget. Hope you enjoy your test drive on Tuesday BlkAdam

·
Registered
944 Posts
At least at 5 foot something there's room for someone in the back!

I'm about 6 foot 2, have the seat as low as it will go, wheel is furthest point in and seat quite far back. No one would fit in the back!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.