Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just want to get some info on anyone that has taken personalised plates off an old car they are trading in and getting them put on the Adam.I gather you just apply for a retention of the plates, then can be transferred onto the new car.The form is a V317, but if anyone has done this before a little help would be greatful.Im still confused..
THANKS

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its a lot easier if you don't put it on retention And just transfer it straight over. The dealership should be able to help you. They did with me

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yea straight transfers easyer and £25 cheaper, i put my plate on retention two weeks ago, the forms easy to fill out, if you get stuck on it at all send me a pvt message and il help all i can

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer said it would be easier and would be quicker when collecting to put plates on retention. I don't really know what to do. they said they could do it for me, so confused. L8ydg Im filling in the forms now, and that gives me two weeks until my car arrives. if that long enough?

·
Registered
367 Posts
It takes two weeks dead, i posted mine off two weeks yesterday, and recieved the logbook and retention on weds last week, and tax and mot yesterday. You then have to send it back when you get your new log book ect, i would get the dealer to do it as i think hes just trying to get out of a job haha. That way you save £25 and he will register your car with the pvt plate for when you collect it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like wise, So for me right now just send of the retention form. when I get the call to collect my Adam. take the certificate and all documents. pick up my Adam with new plates... right (sorry if I'm being stupid)

·
Registered
367 Posts
You can either -
send of the retention now £105
Then recieve your certificate/retention,tax disc and logbook within two weeks.
When you pick up adam with your 14 plate on you will have to wait for the logbook to come back to you, then you can send the logbook off with the retention certificate, then two weeks later you will get a logbook back with your pvt plate on,and a new tax disc, you can then put your plate on, so will more than likely take 3-4 weeks from picking adam up, to having your pvt plate on.

The other option is if your part exchanging your old car for adam, tell vauxhall you want the plate transfered from yours to the new one £80, and they do it all! When my boyfriend did that they unscrewed his plates from his part exchange and screwed them to the new car there and then, as its a grey area (and that was porsche main dealer not a backstreet garage)

Hope that helps a little? Private plates are a pain really

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much. I think the best option is to send of for that retention thing. Then I know where I stand. Then drive away happy with a new car knowing in like 3weeks or so I will be able to screw my new plates on. :D happy days.
once again, thanks for your help and cleaning it up

Edited by: jc89

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yea that was my thinking aswell ;) any problem with the form let me know, as the nominee and grantee stuff can be confusing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts