Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my new Vauxhall Adam in a couple of weeks and I have a personalised number plate at the moment on my corsa. What is the best option to contact the DVLA or to contact my dealer? I have been talking to a few people and they suggest to go to my dealer as they will do it for me?

Stuck what to do? Any ideas?

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dealer did mine for me, as I had a 4 month wait for the car they did it so when the Adam got delivered it was transferred already onto the new car so it went from one straight to the other without me doing anything,

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just gave the private reg document to the dealer and they did it all for me didn't cost any extra

·
Registered
162 Posts
No cost at all,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi. Obviously you either have paid for the swap of plates prior and they were on retention. Which means the dealer just did the paperwork for you, or if dealer paid for transfer, you have paid for it via the deal on car, nothing is free, sadly.
The only issue with not having an original car reg on what you have bought is, when you change the car you still have to get another number reassigned.
I guess where you have saved is the £25 difference between swapping and retaining number.
The main thing is you are happy with what you have done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts