Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I shall be gettin my adam in about 5 weeks time. I have got an adam glam in white my fire with the red twister pack. I have seen some photos where everything inside is red including gear stick and wheel, but I have also seek some with just the panels red and the gear stick and wheel still silver? I am hoping It is all red as I dont want to fork out loads for the vauxhal parts to add them myself. The configerator isnt helping and keeps freezing!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Is it one of the 24 models?

If it is then I'm pretty sure it's just the trim. You can add the gear stick after but you can't change the handbrake or wheel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes its the core 22. That is really silly!! I take it theres nothing I can probly do about it now :(. For 495pnd I would of thought that was everything!!how do ppl have the red wheel, gear stick and handbreak then if it doesnt come in the red twister pack?

·
Registered
944 Posts
It's an add on pack (another!)

I got a core model and wanted the gear stick so bought it seperately. Quite expensive though really.

Obviously can't change the wheel as it's stitched.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the pack? Never seen this. Wish I had known when I ordered :(

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've looked on the config. Twisted red doesn't change the wheel etc. it's free to change colour but you have to chose it. The photo of the core model has black wheel.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Oh and I've looked on the accessories site... The red gear stick is currently £102!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If its another pack what is it called? And my car hasnt got its second tick yet, if I call vauxhall do you reckon I can get it changed? My dealership are pretty useless. Thanks for the help alex Edited by: LauraGlam

·
Registered
944 Posts
It's just an option on the config.

As you chose a core model I really doubt you can change anything now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found out its the red n roll interior leather pack I need for £165, which isnt to bad.

I spoke to someone at another dealership and they have said as long as it hasnt passed "event 25" in the build stage then anything can be added, as soon as it gets to "event 33" it becomes difficult but I will have to speak to my dealership to get them to check and add it if possible.

The person at my dealership is on annual leave and so is the manager, and they are all useless anyway! Might just call vauxhall myself..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vauxhall have been really good with me.... i rang the dealership after my order to double check everything and they were meant to call me back and never did!After five consecutive days of contactnig them i gave up!If you have your tracking number i'd deffo give vauxhall a call they are dead helpful and i have someone ringing me every week to let me know the progress on my car! Roll on 3 weeks time!The number is 0844 369 0112 just to save you googlng!</font></font></font>

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you!! I called the dealership again after 2hrs of having no call back, and spoke to someone who sounded quite helpful, he said he would find out for me. If i dont hear anything back in the next few hours I shall call Vauxhall myself, I dont want it left to late that I cant add it!

Im so excited too! Should be 5 weeks for me =D

·
Registered
68 Posts
It will fly by! I ordered mine on the 6th April so im soooooo ready for it to come now! fingers crossed they will let you add it on.... pretty sure you should be ok with 5 weeks to go!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just had a call back, They said its at section 33 in the build and there is nothing that can be done now.

So angry!! I was never told by my dealership that this wasnt included, I was pressured into the deal before anything was even gone through with me!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Is it worth cancelling, losing your deposit and starting again, and this time add in everything you want and go over it all in detail before you order again?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont want to wait another 3 months, :'( also they are part exchanging my current car.. and its falling apart so I dont see it lasting 3 months

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ohhh ok.
well get the car and save up in the next few months. Might be worth having a new steering wheel with the red leather, gear knob shouldnt be too hard to change, and hand brake isnt that much as I think its just removing the trim around it, undo a bolt and replace it.
Or, a cheaper option, is buy a steering wheel cover and hand brake cover in red. Keeps the lether from wearing aswell. I was thinking of getting seat covers for mine aswell.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts