Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome all members, I see a lot of people asking about headlight modifications on here. Nobody has actually make a thread telling people, there is only comments within threads. So to save time for everyone and including my self cause I want to do it my self. Could any member who has successfully replaced there bulbs with some H7 without any error codes. If you have the link where you purchased it please comment below and I will edit this thread. Also If anyone has a tutorial I will also update the thread with it, That way we can stop all threads about headlights.
Thanks
Edited by: TheAJMxD

·
Registered
944 Posts
The headlights change fine. It's number plate bulbs that cause errors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Osram Blue Intense halo's should be grand for number plate lights... well I'm hoping that, because I just ordered some...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JayJayDubya said:
Osram Blue Intense halo's should be grand for number plate lights... well I'm hoping that, because I just ordered some...
You'll have to let me know how it goes for you, If all is well send me the link where you purchased if you could so I can add it to the thread

·
Registered
944 Posts
Osram night breakers are the way forward!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone got a tutorial one how to do it ? I have the bulbs right now as I ordered the other day. Just scared of fitting them. Messing it up then having no lights haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Changed mine the other day and it's fairly straightforward.Behind the headlamp there are two circular plastic covers, one for the dip (H7 bulb) and the other for the full beam(H1bulb).Remove these covers by turning them anti-clockwise and pulling them out.You now have access to the internal bulb housing. Take a photo if you want before the next step to show correct positioning.Press the small tab on the black terminal block and carefully withdraw the block and its bulb from the housing. Make a mental note of the orientation of the bulb in its housing or take another photo.Remove the bulb (DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS WITH YOUR FINGERS) by gently pulling it away from the terminal block.Replace with new bulb, again do not touch the glass with your fingers.Push the terminal block back into housing making sure that the small tab clicks into place to secure it.Replace plastic cover and turn it clockwise to lock it.
Store the old bulbs in the boxes that the new ones came in. These can be used as spares in an emergency. Inside the boot behind the rear light clusters there are two plastic covers with plenty of space behind them to store your old bulbs.
The reason for not touching the bulb is to prevent oils etc on your fingers from contaminating the glass.This causes hot spots when the bulbs light up and this uneven temperature distribution can cause the bulb to fail prematurely.

Edited by: Rob.B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts