Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
They are either risking being sued by one of the richest companies in the world or maybe Apple has partnered with them?
I would imagine for Apple, the more cars thatintegratewith Siri and the iphone properly the better. You can change your phone every year but you certainly wouldn't change your car that often, what better than to ensure you need to make your next phone an iphone to ensure it works properly with your car...
here is a pic from that site:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing myself I love my iPhone so for me it's brill

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone know if the standard intellilink in the normal version will have Siri Eyes free?
No one seems to make it clear, but in the video on this page the woman is driving what looks like to be a Glam? So not a special edition one.http://www.technologytell.<wbr>com/apple/113952/vauxhall-<wbr>adam-honda-acura-and-ferrari-<wbr>connecting-with-apple-siri-<wbr>eyes-free/
It would seem stupid to leave this feature off the intellilink system and just have it on a special edition car.
My dealer tried it on theirs in the showroom however he didn't get very far with it. Either he didn't know what he was doing or only the later built cars have it?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think it is going to a future feature- but I agree it should be on them now - wonder if you can update the software of the intellilink in the future?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hadn't noticed a software upgrade menu in the menus while messing with the system, however I didn't spend that long with it. I'm going back to the dealer when my reg certificate comes through so i'll have another mess! It's got a USB port so it should be enabled to do it.
You'd of thought Vauxhall will do a section on their website in future where you can download software update like BMW and Audi have.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not sure, I would presume that all the voice commands would be done through the phone whether you've got android or an iPhone. There's no mention in the sales book aboutcontrollingthe radio etc with voice control.
Can anyone with a Adam confirm this?

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I was thinking you would need to have a microphone in the car as they wouldn't want you touching your phone whilst driving. Which lead me on to think it might not just be a simple software upgrade, hardware might be needed too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
All Adams come with Bluetooth, so all have a microphone next to the ceiling light. So really it should just be a software upgrade as I can't see them using any different hardware (Such as a different intellilink system).

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Ah yes of course! I was thinking it would need one for voice control too but you're right I would imagine it will be the same one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is the response from Vauxhall UK customer service. I have emailed them back regarding whether it will come in some form of softwareupdatebut no response yet.
'Dear Mr McGavock<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">I write in response your email dated 15 March 2013 regarding the lifetime warranty letter<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">In regards to the Vauxhall Adam you have recently purchased with the intelliLink infotainment system, I can confirm that this isn't specified to work with Siri.<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">As there is no release date for the Vauxhall Adam Siri eyes it seems very unlikely that this standard vehicle would be compatible with Siri. The information given about the new Adam Siri eyes is that it is in fact special edition therefore without this model it's unlikely your vehicle would come as standard with Siri compatibility'
</font>

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I went to the dealer yesterday to drop my reg certificate off and had a mess with intellilink while I was waiting.
Siri doesn't work through the steering wheel. You can activate it on the iPhone however Intellilink thinks it's a call and it doesn't work very well. When the phone isn't corrected the button that activates voice commands doesn't do anything.
Regarding updates, there is no update section in the menus apart from a section which tells you what hardware and software version the system is. The sales guy said that he thought the updates might have to be done by the dealer, and they do all this when you bring the car in for a service. Bit disappointed, but it's still better than the standard radio at least!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I was having a read on the Buick forums and apparently they used to be able to download firmware / software updates from the Intellilink site and install them via USB. GM then changed the policy and removed the user download option.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just found this on the Opel site,
http://www.opel.com/microsite/adam/adam-intellilink.html#/intellilink_siri

1 - 17 of 17 Posts