Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone
well what can I say spent 5 hours yesterday washing and waxing my fabulous adam slam he was looking fabulous uploaded pic's also yesterday and today her come the rain was not happy but too top it all off a bus went though a big pool of water and my poor adam slam got cover in dirty water WAS NOT HAPPY AT At ALL the air in the car was blue very choice word was said when I got home out came the bucket and sponge

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sheilah92
what adam are you having and when are you expecting too pick you new adam up

·
Registered
150 Posts
Having red with black roof 'leather seats ,red and roll inside and the intellink says on tracker estimated 18th Oct but still only got one tick can't wait am on holiday from work that week so really hoping will be then

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi sheilah92
it sounds fab keep my fingers crossed for you that it come on your week off so can have fun experience your new adam I love mine it simply the best car I have had thinking of the adam rocks hope to be in to the showroom next year

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
haha I'm into cleaning my cars too. I have been known to continue washing and waxing even though it had started to rain!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Dan
know that feeling its so annoying wondering about buying a cover or would be better if I had a garage i have had lots of cars but this adam am in love still awaiting too see the adam rocks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi dan
just wondering about the price for the bringGo app what your thoughts on this

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Tricky one the bringgo app for me...
I only use a sat nav once or twice a year at most and I already have a garmin (it's a few years old but does the job..) so for me I don't need it.
If I were to use a sat nav a lot more frequently than what I do now then I'd be buying the BringGo app. It is a shame Vauxhall couldn't offer it included or even discount it a bit but at £50 it's a 1/3rd of what my Garmin cost.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Dan
thanks for your reply yes it is a pity that vauxhall dont give it free with the adam HA HA but we can always dream one more thing how do I but my photo's from the main message centre over too the gallery section

·
Registered
41 Posts
DON'T PUT A SPONGE ON YOUR PAINT! If you want your car to keep looking good use a lambs wool wash mit or similar. A sponge is the worst thing you could use. I've just spent the last two days perfecting the paint on our adam after the dealer inflicted swirl marks all over the car due to poor washing techniques. Vauxhall paint is very soft and will mark easily.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used a dual action polishing machine and some professional polishes takes quite a while to do but the car looks great afterwards. If you dont want to go down that route you can buy some polishes from the high street stores that will mask the swirls but this is a short lived solution. If you really want it sorted you need to get someone to correct your paint but this will likely cost around £300+. Its all a bit ocd but im really pleased with how the car looks now. You could buy the kit for around £150 and do it yourself with a bit of research. Dealers have no idea how to look after paint. Most valet their cars with the lowest cost in mind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You'll see them on a nice sunny day, promise you. Unless you have a lighter colour car. They don't show up as much on silvers dark colours are the worst.Edited by: ALTEA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check out detailing world forum for some tips. Some of the stuff on there is a bit ocd but you will pick up some basic tips.Edited by: ALTEA

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Alta did you have paint protection on yours have used showroom shine on mine yesterday looks Fab great product have used it for years helps protect it too I should work for them always rave about it you don't need to use water with this either lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts