Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Adam S Red roof/Black body 2016 MY
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI peoples, noticed water in footwell after using rear washer. I know its washer fluid from the smell as just topped it up for the first time since end of summer and has the same smell. Anybody experienced this and if so know where the rear pipe is routed from the washer bottle? I guess I will need trim clip removers to gain access inside the car.? I cannot see where its or hear it leaking when activating the rear washer but it is wet close to the seat although have not got the main carpet up yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess nobody has experienced the same thing in thier Adam. As an update and to help the community this is what I found on further investigation. The water pipe to the rear screen jet travels inside the car on the passenger entrance wrapped with the main harness. Taking off the plastic trim inside the door well exposes the harness running in a plastic channel. That plastic trim had cut the water pipe and looks like it has done it since new as the undercarpet is saturated (car only done 15k miles) so has been leaking since day one. See pics of my fix using garden irrigation junctions. I could of brought something but it works and so it's fixed;)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly right, sharp strenghing plastic extrusions and poorly routed pipework lacking protection caused it. I have cut away the offending extrusion and covered rhe entire route of the cable/pipe to avoid any future issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts