Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else read in the manual that you can select an option for welcome lighting, where it turns on the cars exterior lights when unlocking. it in the vehicle settings part on the radio. I cant find it however on my car even though it states it in the manual. I only have some settings.
If anyone knows that would help!
Thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts
I was actually playing with the intellilink settings earlier and didn't see anything about this. Will look again tomorrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've set mine up on the Intellilink but can't remember how I did it! I do know some options only work when the engine is running.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know you half to have the car running to get full settings but does any of you have automatic lights ?

Reason I ask is because if the adam is like other vauxhall models welcome lighting can only be activated if you have automatic lighting so the welcome lighting only comes activates at night when the sensor senses it's dark otherwise your lights would come on every time you unlocked the car night or day like fords do

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know with my friends corsa d you have to do a glitch, where you take the key out then insert again without turning, then push both the wiper arm and indicator arm towards the front of the car at the same time and it comes up on the trip comp with p1,p2,p3....etc, the p's all stand for different things and one of them on there is to activate entry lighting, he doesn't have auto lights. I've looked for a glitch for the adam but I can't find one, only what it says in the manual.

Sorry for the paragraph

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know newer models such as the insignia, astra ect still have the secret menu what your talking about but it's pointless now as the options what used to be hidden are all in the config menu so I think the Adam would be the same but they models all have automatic lights

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just wondering if anyone got to find out any more about this. I found hidden settings what is used on newer models of Vauxhalls so this may include the Adam as well but someone has to try it to see if it really works :

With the key in the ignition but the engine off, pull the indicator stalk and the wiper stalk towards you at the same time and hold for 5 sec.
It should beep then P1 should come up on the dials.
Push indicator stalk up/down to scroll through- up to P7.
Use the light stalk up/down to turn on/off
To save hold both stalks towards you until it goes off again.

The following is a list of what each of the P numbers stand for :-
P1. Welcome lights, off/on - headlights, rear light & reg plate lights come on when you unlock car.
P2. Auto Rear wiper, off/on - rear wiper starts when you have front wipers on and you put it into reverse .
P3. Touch control for indicators, off/on - 3 flashes instead of constant flashing when you half press indicator up or down.
P4. Automatic door & tailgate locking, off/on - doors lock when you reach about 10mph.
P5. Separate driver door unlocking, off/on - one press opens all the doors, boot and fuel flap when switched off.
P6. Speed limiter warning, off/speed - either switched off or comes on when you go over the selected speed.
P7. Warning tones volume, 1-5, volume of the the indicator beeps, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had tried this but it didn't seem to work as that is what my friend did with his corsa d.

Really want to do it but I can't find anything anywhere for adam.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hmm well thanks for trying it anyway. Time to look deeper into things

·
Registered
944 Posts
I was looking in settings and there's nothing.

I was wondering if it was only available with one of the light packs or something...?

·
Registered
113 Posts
alex said:
I was looking in settings and there's nothing.

I was wondering if it was only available with one of the light packs or something...?
As I mentioned in in detail further up

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looked for this ages ago on my glam with no luck,intellilink only has some option so i assume its only if you have auto lights.
iv'e done the secret menu thing on my corsa with no probs but looks like a no go on the Adam.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Would it be worth contact Vauxhall themselves to ask how to change those settings on the Adam, like you can on the Corsa? There must be a way of doing it... the Corsa is a lower spec car than the Adam so it'll be there somewhere...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just hate no knowing lol
might have another fiddle about with it tomorrow,but i cant see the point of being able to turning off the flashing indicators when you lock the car and then not having the option of the welcome lighting,its really useful on the Corsa?!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did it by going into intellilink settings, then vehicle settings and I think it's under comfort settings, there are loads of different things you can change on there :) like the aircon etc..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think and as I have said it must only be an feature on Adams with Automatic lighting like other new Vauxhalls are now. You may not have welcome lighting BUT you may have exit lighting so who's going to be the first to try it

Turn the car off
Take the key out the ignition
Pull the left stalk forward like your flashing the high beam
And your lights should come on then switch back off when you lock it or after a space of time

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just now got home. I turned off my lights and some lights came on, they were really bright! Are those what you are talking about?

·
Registered
113 Posts
After you turned your lights off and turned the car off did you pull the stalk like you were flashing the high beam ? If so then yep that's what I'm talking about

·
Registered
314 Posts
I didn't pull full beam stalk. I had the ignition on and turned the lights off. Really odd lol. The Intellilink really gets bright too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts