Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was it that when you went and looked at the Adam made you think yea I don't want the fiat 500, a Corsa, Fiesta or any other car in that sort of price banding .

I was originally going to look at the Kia cee'd, fiesta and Adam all in one day.... Went and looked at the Kia, didn't move me really, then went to vauxhall and was looking round the forcourt and saw the checkered roof lining in one of them and it could do 5mpg for all I cared but that as always going to be in my car

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've always been a loyal Vauxhall buyer since my first new car, an L reg purple Corsa, and I've never had a problem with them.
I ordered mine without seeing or sitting in one as I was confident I would love it, and I do.
I think the c'eed ie a bit staid, the Fiat500 too common and I wanted something small. I have driven a Fiat 500 and it was great fun to drive, but the standard tech on the Adam blows them out of the water
Every morning when I go outside to get in my Adam I have a big smile on my face

·
Registered
407 Posts
I saw the advert on TV loved the look of the ADAM. So went to look at the local dealer 6months later when my C3 started going wrong I went to order my ADAM

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fiat 500's look quite bland to me, and it seems like most people my age have them. I was looking at fiestas but the options bored me. My next option was the citroen ds3. However due to pricing, and the fact adam's can be personalised more to you, i went with the adam. Also i would have had to get a 1.6 ds3, and for a learner driver puts up the insurance a lot

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went to test drive a second hand Fiat 500 lounge 1.4, and the dealer was saying its got loads of extras.. but it all seemed sh*t, and It was horrible to drive, clutch biting point seemed really high, and it was well to sluggish. (The fat salesman probly didnt help). I wasnt even debating getting an adam, but my mum said why dont you test drive the new corsa.. as I have an old corsa SXI at the moment. So I went to vauxhall.. and well I didnt even get in a corsa, saw the adam and that was my decision made
and it drives fantastic!The air conand other bits youget with the standard adam you dont on a standard fiat.. you even have to payextra for front fog lights!! The adam has much more equipment, drives nicer and seems alot faster, and it sounds good too.

Edited by: LauraGlam

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just adore the Adam, it's unusual - I love that if you go on a road trip somewhere you might see 2 or 3 Adams, yet you see 100s of 500s/Minis/DS3s etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hadn't even seen an Adam before going to test drive a '2013 second hand corsa, it was working out about 9k and the sales guy was so pushy, then when we realised a new corsa on vauxhall's 0% finance worked out better value and also came with a ten year warranty. The sales wasn't happy, missing out on a sale and became quite rude, he then wouldn't tell us any details about the new cars. Then I saw Adam and realised how lovely it was so bought it from a different garage! I don't know about anyone else but I always thought I wasn't a car person, but how amazing the Adam is has totally changed my outlook :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
LauraGlam - just do you're aware the Adam doesn't have front fog lights at all

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh my bad, Ipresumed they was the small round front lights,are theythe indicators/hazards then? Edited by: LauraGlam

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeh, indicators.

I had no intention of buying an Adam. I'd bought an Astra a year earlier and was back at Vauxhall one day. Was considering getting rid of my clio and got some prices etc for the Adam. Used the same salesman as before and got a really good price. Extras like heated seats and DAB etc swung it for me.

Vauxhalls aren't the best and people give them stick but I've always found their customer service very good. I'll be trading in my Astra January time for a new Astra VXR.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had a fiesta already, and was going to get a Corsa. But the Adam was new, rare and had loads of extras. I didnt test drive it. I don't think I had seen one before ordering... But I think my car is great!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've not had the best experiences with the Vauxhalls I have owned and driven before and had vowed to never own another but when the missus Micra started to disintegrate (largely due to her crashing into a lot of things hehe) we started looking around at what small cars were a possible replacement ( are also looking at going to 1 car as I hardly drive during the week). The Adam seemed to give very good value for the money and the 0% finance was very alluring. I still wasn't sold until I drove one and it was such a better drive than the others (fiat 500, Ford Ka etc) and it seemed pretty well built

1 - 13 of 13 Posts