Adam Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Still have a Corsa Design in touch as well as the Adam
But my old car before was a Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Fr with BTCC Body kit so quite a change for me!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Saying goodbye to my 2 year old Toyota IQ on Friday before picking up my Adam on Saturday! It's going to be emotional but I'm moving on to better things and I am so excited!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's going to be hard for me because I have a 61 Kia Picanto 2 and I absolutely love it! If anyone said they wanted a nice city car with less money than an Adam, I would definitely recommend the Picanto! It's been my trusty pal for 8 month but I couldn't resist the Adam so goodbye pretty little Kia!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Have to be careful... If our Cars hear us they may decide to give up before we get our Adams... For those who still have their cars that is :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 61 plate Ka in that weird red/orange/pink colour they do for free. I absolutely love him and I'm so sad to see him go, but I just couldn't resist the li'l Adam! I'll only be paying £20 more per month for the Adam than the Ka so it's a no brainer really!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Leasville I'm in a similar boat. My Kia Picanto 2 61reg is £205 a month and my Adam is £215! I would be taking the mick out of myself not to lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this bad boy ;)
Sooty the Vrs
Sooty was a limited edition skoda Octavia Vrs number 304 of 500.
I do miss the power and the stupidly sized boot but gizmo (my purple fiction glam) more than makes up for this in other ways.
I might go back to a big car again one day, the insurance was killing me I was still paying over £900 a year with 5 years no claims 0 points/convictions, gizmo costs me the princely sum of £330 a year ;)
Definite no brainer in that department!

·
Registered
163 Posts
The vrs is a good car..... I had one but only 285 quid a year to insure it....

I don't know how companies come up with these vast price differences

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been convinced for a long time that insurers get
a tom bola and take out 6 numbers mix them around to make the biggest
Cash sum possible then throw a dot in! Lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm giving up my smart for two its great fun around town with paddle shifts (pissed off several BMW drivers HeHe!) need something with 4 seats drove the corsa and the adam preferred the adam pick it up next Tuesday.

Insurance quote a bit cheaper than the smart at £140 tax the same

will see how the mpg compares next week.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did a comparison site search, using my own basic details......

The insurance quotes ranged from 223quid a year to 2134quid a year form different companies.....and the expensive didn't include legal cover or courtesy car!!!!!!!!!!!

NUTS!!!

I pay around 360 a year for a trade policy, and I can have 5 cars or vans..... 3 bikes all insured as my own, and still drive anything whether its insured or not.....

Insurance companies need to get their act together

sorry rant over

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ode to being a young driver...

Perhaps not, from what I can tell, I seem to be the youngest here, or at least one of the youngest... Your top quote of insurance is still a few hundred pounds cheaper than what I paid for first year of insurance :) Although this year I am hoping for just under the £500 mark, I would be happy with that...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ode to being a Mature driver.

£130.86 less £24.92 Quidco cash back = £105.94 with the RAC inc <div ="erCell " style="width: 61px;"><div ="erCell legalCeller"><div ="erCell " style="width: 493px; height: 18px;"><div ="erCell breakdownCeller">

Windscreen,courtesy car,personel accident & legal cover.

£100 excess

Fully Comp inc commuting

·
Registered
568 Posts
I pay £1000 with 4 years driving but 0 no claims because I've changed my car too often. My Adam is £638 with finally one year no claims :) I thought it would've been far more!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts