Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is 12 months old, I've only had it since Jan (it was a demo), and the wheel bearings have already gone. I don't know about cars, but everyone says this is very quick to go :(
Garage are ordering parts. Window wipers are also shocking and get stuck. No question - just saying ;)Edited by: Tazzy83

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rather annoying. But better for this to happen under warranty than just outside of it... I would like to get all these put in new before the car leaves warranty...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Exactly.

Crap when things like this happen but at least they'll sort it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's lifetime warranty anyway isn't it so until you've done a LOT of miles it would be covered.mine is lifetime warranty...

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you buy a demo,like i did you forgo the lifetime warranty but if it's under a year old it's still covered.
Hope it's not going to be a problem in the future as big alloy wheels and wide tyres will give bearings and roll bar bushes a hard time.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'd check that out.

I bought a pre reg and questioned warranty. Apparently it's still all good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We know the guy who sold us the car really well so shouldn't be a problem if something needs doing,but as its a demo and were the second owners we only got a years warranty,lifetime warranty is only for the first owner unlike KIA where you can pass it on!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm classed as the second owner but I've got the full warranty. Dealer told me that if the first person registered is vauxhall as a pre reg or demo then the warranty goes to the actual first owner...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Interesting then when or if something expensive goes wrong,hope you got that in writing

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im always having problems with my wipers slapping together and thudding across the screen.. I got my car over a year ago now, whereas people who haven't had theirs long seem not to have problems so they must have sorted the little niggles out after we got ours :(

·
Registered
944 Posts
I got an email from vauxhall telling me I need my lifetime warranty reactivation check. Quite happy I've got the full warranty. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
you get a lifetime warranty card if you have it! lol I was going to get a pre registered one and got told I wouldn't get lifetime warranty

·
Registered
944 Posts
Like I said, I'm happy I've got the warranty. I've got no reason to believe otherwise. I doubt id be getting emails re lifetime warranty if I didn't have it. Edited by: alex

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm confused? Have some posts been deleted? Reading this and not making sense haha does anybody know if the services have to be vauxhall technicians to keep lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
944 Posts
It has to be vauxhall parts I think.

I've just found online... Apparently if there was less then 200 miles when bought pre reg you still get the lifetime warranty.

I've not got a card though for either of my cars... Wonder why.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks Alex. Kia ask for official parts on my current car so at least i can carry on the same with the Adam :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Managed to log onto my account... Says this next to the Adam so looks like my dealer told me the truth and I do have the warranty... Worryingly though my Astra says "reactivation needed". It was serviced in June...!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Is that account only active for vauxhall servicing customers?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts