Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have issues with the steering at speed, wonder whether the size of wheels have added to the problem, ours are 16", anybody else have the 16" if so how do they handle at speed ???I did want 17" at first but read reviews that the 16" would be better...I now think I am starting to regret it.As mine is in at the dealers at present for the steering issue to be resolved they have lent me an Adam Rocks Air with the same 1.4 engine, but with low profile 18" wheels, it handles superb.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello

Sorry to hear about your issue but I have the rocks air on 17 inch wheels and I think it handles great! Hopefully it is an issue with that particular car not just the standard Adam with the smaller wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took my Jam in with the complaint on the steering, took a few test drives and the dealer agreed that there was a problem. They did various tests and couldn't find anything coming up on the computer, the dealer contacted Vauxhall to see if they had had any such problems reported....nothing. Vauxhall suggested replacing the steering column complete, when taken apart a bracket had broken in two and fell apart when taken off the column. now back home and drives a dream. I can't thank the dealer enough (County Barnstaple) for the way they dealt with everything...superb.Almost done 2000 miles since March and would reccommend ADAM to anyone. My Wife and I absolutely Love It !!!!. I am a retired Gentleman and can safely say it's one of the best cars I have had.... and I have had a few.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.