Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the ForumJust ordered a 1.2 SS Glam in redWanted to see if someone in the forum can explain to me why I am unable to add 17" Hurricane alloy wheels as Vauxhall tell me it only works for a Jam? Surely same car with different specifications? What parts wont work if you swap wheels between models of same car? So much formillions of choices for the Adam. Called customer services and was met with rude response that once a car is ordered you cannot amend which is not true as wellOh well should have known better after waiting 5 months for a Mokka

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi groovy ,
I know when I made up my little jammie on the app ( thing)
Back in April , the sales guy tried to make my specks up to a glam but as you say hurricane white my fire where not
Available so I stuck to the jam ( jammie ) . It should be one basic model and all options available . The slam is sold with sport suspention , but if you put 17"/18" alloys on the others you get sport suspention . I have some things better speck in my car than a slam , but it's still ONLY a jam . Will be interesting to see how resales go 😕

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with angolly I was originally going for the slam as I thought was top of the range but I wanted the black diamond cut 17 inches alloys which only seemed to be available on the glam so with the glam and specced it up better than the slam and I am very pleased I did

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi bendyfingers and angeolly
just wondering what have you added too your adam as you both say they better than the slam they must look fab as the slam are very nice

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi tmm
I have the infinaty sound system , parking sensors , winter pack and the aircon .
They all look fab any way , as I said before I've got the 17"hurricane WMF alloys , this
Gives me the sport suspention . The only thing that looks differant it where people have the city button
I have 4 buttons on that side and 4 on the other 😊

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Tmm, The reason I say that is because the spec for the Glam and Slam isn't much differentso that's why I wonder why they class the Slam top of the range over the Glam, when I originally ordered my car way back in March the Glam didn't come with a panoramic roof for example and I opted for one and 17inches wheels which gives you the sports suspension, I also went with mud flaps, sports pedals, the intelilink stereo, full leather seats and the winter pack which gives you the heated seats and heated steering wheel, when you look at the spec on the Vauxhall website now it suggests that the Glam and Slam are both the top of the range over the Jam and differences being one has the 17 inches wheels and sports suspension and the other the glass roof, it does say that the Slam has map pockets in the back of the seats and tinted windows but mine has both of them as well.This is taken from the Vauxhall WebsiteGlam additional Features over the Jam[*]Electronic climate control (ECC)

[*]Fixed glass roof panel with sliding blind

[*]Drinks holder in front centre console with adjustable restraining strap

[*]LED daytime running lights

[*]LED rear lights

[*]Chrome-effect upper side window mouldings

[*]Chrome-effect door sill covers

[*]Body-colour door handles with chrome-effect insert

[*]16-inch ‘Vintage' alloy wheels.[*]Sports suspension

Slam additional Features over the Jam

[*]Electronic climate control (ECC)[*]Drinks holder in front centre console with adjustable restraining strap[*]LED daytime running lights[*]LED rear lights[*]Chrome-effect upper side window mouldings[*]Chrome-effect door sill covers[*]Map pocket on front-seat backs[*]Dark-tinted rear windows[*]Cloth/Morrocana seats[*]17-inch ‘Hurricane' alloy wheels.

When all issaid and done you can take any of them and make them better than each other so why just not have one model and spec it the way you want.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't say it's better than the slam , what I say , or mean is they are on par , so why have the 3 models .
Hubby had a car with full glass roof for the last 3 years , and we only opened the blind twice , so wouldn't of had that on a glam . Test drove a James blonde slam , with sports peddles and found them slippy , so took them off my spec. Can live without map pockets as I have the bringo app .and I choose not to have the chrome pack as I dint have any on the car other than the badge . so as far as I can see the only thing i'am missing are the rear day running lights . 😕Edited by: Angeolly

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just to say the Glam has always had the panoramic glass roof as a standard free option, I ordered mine last Nov with a glass roof.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's interesting as I was told when I ordered my Glam that it came as part of the black two tone pack but having looked again that's how I got tinted windows as part of that design pack.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't think the salesmen have been trained enough. I've got a purple car, purple roof with glass panel

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all
Thanks just curious what spec you had I got the slam 14c (100 ) extreme pack I love my little jem but was told the slam was the top of the adam range too my surprise I now learning from this forum that it don't have eveything pay for the parking sensors and rear spoiler but didnt know that the winter pack was not included price this £249 I think but can it be fitted now or only when the car was built

·
Registered
424 Posts
I should think the winter pack can only be fitted during build as it's built into the seat and steering wheel. I don't think this would be possible after build

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all foryour feedbackWill stick with 16" wheels as if you get 17 and above get the sports suspension which I dont wantGot a build week of 22nd November with car delivered on around 13th December. Cant wait

1 - 14 of 14 Posts