Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scanning the motoring press at the Geneva Motor show for news on release of the new 1 litre engine. Only reference so far is in the Adam Rocks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've given up on it. It was a nice idea to begin with but the price and real world mpg figures just don't meet the standard set in the market.

·
Registered
426 Posts
They will keep people waiting a while a bet!

·
Registered
568 Posts
My dealer and another dealer both said around the £17k mark for a jam 1.0lturbo

·
Registered
367 Posts
When i asked my dealer he said 15k atleast, but said 15-16k he thought. To cheap and it would be the end of the current engines i think

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ii could see it being a grand more than the most expensive current engine. Amy more wouldn't make sense. There is little price elasticity in the small car market where price is a significant driver of sales success. Adam is already miles behind it's rivals in terms of sales numbers and Vauxhall are looking to grow market share, not be an exclusive brand.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Steve although that is true I still done belie be vauxhall fully grasp the understanding otherwise the Adam would never have had the current corsa engines. I think even £16k is far too much, that's Audi A1 territory. I love my Adam but I couldn't justify a penny over £13k :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My current spec order (which is on hold) 1.4 S/S Slam lists at over £15K. I could just about justify a list of £16K but beyond that it makes no sense whatsoever. I don't think that Vauxhall could be so foolish as to demand premium prices for a pretty body on an old chassis.Anyway. it's all conjecture. I'm still scouting for Geneva Show info on availability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts