Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im near the end of finally deciding what I want in my ADAM. And to get the costs down a little, ive been thinking... Do I actually need the winter pack?
£275.00 for heated seats and heated steering wheel?
The positives are - get in on a -5 morning, start the car up, switch it on and get a warm bum and hands on the steering wheel, great!
Negatives - Does the heat from the steering wheel dry out the leather quicker? When its -5 in the winter, how many people go out with no coat on anyway and how many wear it in the car? So the warm seats wouldn't make a difference to your bum anyway?
Also, with England's weather do we even really have a winter?
Im leaning towards not having the winter pack, as its £275 saved, also, if something went wrong, or am element overheated etc, would it be worth the hassle?

·
Registered
568 Posts
They are a great value choice but I opted against them. I wanted to keep my finance low so they were least on my list. If I could've afforded them then I would've definitely got them though

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple of people have said they wouldnt live without them, but they have heated leather seats, where on the ADAM, when config wont let you know the leather seats with the winter pack.
But also, Having leather seats, the bolsters can sides wear easy, as they have on my current car, admittaly its taken 10 years, but still have loads and loads of crease lines in the leather and colour starting to go.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Get it!

It's brilliant. I work shifts so often driving back early mornings when its cold. Makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wouldn't bother! I know 5 people who didn't order it an when there car arrived it had it on so if your not bothered about it just don't order it and if you get it free it's a bonus like!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I love it- it is my favourite accessory, driving withour gloves is so much better. My dad had heated seats on his last Vauxhall- 7 years on and no sign of the leather drying out on that. I ordered it with the half leather/fabric seats and mine turned up with full leather.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kool
Ill take it off my order then, and if it turns up with it, then as mentioned above, bonus, and if it doesn't, im not worried.
Saves me £275.00.
Ive also noticed, on the config, you cant select some of the packs, and I want the Intellilink, tyre pressure monitoring system and something else with it. And in total it came to £800.00.
Where If I take them off, and add the technical pack at the dealer, it only costs £675.00
So another £125.00 saving.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You'll regret it if you don't get it when it hits winter... ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bet you it comes with it on without paying for it!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Then that's a bonus!

Not a risk id take though... Like my warm hands in a morning!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use it even now, I have fabric seats so no leather worries.Try and test drive an adam with them in, see what the fuss is about :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm not a cold person. I'm always hot...

But! At 2am when it's -3 it's bloody brilliant!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ive had it and Ive had cars without it. My Little Man doesnt have it and I dont miss it. Its not something I ever really used.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The heated steering wheel I find is a waste of money but neither me or my girlfriend can live without the heated seats. I had them on my old car and these ones are even better my girlfriend has them on almost constantly and where I get back ache they are a god send. Great for the morning when it's a bit fresh I don't like the heaters on in the car I find I get warm too quickly I'm always turning the heating off and on the seats keep me just right. Well worth the extra cash

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your input all.
I went to the dealer after work and went through everything and decided against the winter pack, as to be honest, I always drive with the window down, even in snow and rain! I just like the fresh air rushing in.
Got the car planned out, monthly repayments done. Just need to sort a loan out for other bits, and i reckon ill be ready to go!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't have the winter pack. To me it felt a lot of money. I've never had heated seats or wheel so I don't miss what I've never had.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Funny how opinions differ. To me £275 is a bargain for a warm backside!

·
Registered
113 Posts
My parents car has heated seats and steering wheel what is great but with a winter like we have had I don't think it's even been used this winter. As much as I'd like an Adam with the winter pack I'd select options such as mood lighting, sight and light pack (automatic lighting, tunnel detection, auto wipers, dim down mirror) before I'd opt for it. But everyone to there own the some might find it pointless going for auto wipers but living in Scotland it pays for its self in no time

·
Registered
77 Posts
Defo get it only thing we miss about last car heated screen and seats wish adam had them but when u by one second hand dont get to spec but u do save a fortune and thats always a good thing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts