Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for starting a new thread but I just thought more people might see it...
My Adam was at the dealer yesterday for the wiper blade problem where one is catching on the other - the woman on the desk told me that they've had a few coming in with them juddering across the screen and I explained that mine does that but it also has got caught and bent them, as a load of us are experiencing. I did mention that a lot of people on here are having the same problem. She told me that they've had quite a few come in for that and that she reckons they'll be recalling them for it soon!
When I went in to pick him up she also said they'd had "a eureka moment" with my car - they discovered that if they put on non-Vauxhall blades, it solves the issue, so that's what they did.
She also rang me just after I left to say Vauxhall have instructed them to replace the blade arms on my car too so I'll be going back in at some point to get that done, but if anyone else is getting that issue seen to, maybe ask that the put on non-Vauxhall blades...?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think the garage I picked mine up from did the wiper blades and a few common snags before I picked mine up. Seem to be having no issue with Wiper blades. Hope its fixed now and don't get a scare driving in the rain any time soon. :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
All a bit odd,we had this problem months ago and we took it back to the dealer and i actually know the sales people there so i can say we had a new upgrade wiper linkage fitted,it's a new part that changes the blade timing......all dealers should know this and fit the new part on next services or if the problem arises.
It really has nothing to do with the wiper arms or blades???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nce one !. My Adam booked in two days time for this issue. I'll mention that other dealers are fitting a new linkage as well. There's too much slack in the motor system to use the wipers they have on there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had ours in spoke to vauxhall customer service they said they have no other probs with wipers bit like the paint work misting lights rattles etc etc they dont want to pay for repairs as it will cost them ££££££££££££££

·
Registered
36 Posts
My have only caught once or twice and made a massive bang, but they catch quite a lot and also seem to judder across the screen. I may be taking it in to the garage if they aren't recalled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts