Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced any issues with the wiper blades?

It seems to me that as they are so close together when they are not in use, one starts to move quicker than the other and catches the front one causing it to bend and flick back on to the window half way across.

Im not sure whether this is a motor issue or whether if one gets slightly caught on a dry bit of the window whether it grips to much and the back one catches it up.

Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
206 Posts
get it took back asap that's a bad problem if not sorted straight away it will knacker linkage up if it hasn't already

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had exactly the same issue with mine and was wondering the same, whether it's to do with a dry bit on the windscreen as it only happens the first time you flick them on after they've not been used for at least a few minutes. Haven't taken it into the dealership yet as was hoping it'd get better but it hasn't yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem when I first got my Adam, it happened on a couple of occasions, in May but has not happened since (touch wood!).

·
Registered
61 Posts
The main problem with it is it makes a really loud cracking noise on the windscreen when it happens, like you've hit a bird or something, always scares the sh*t out of me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep happened to me too and stupidly just thought it would stop. Reading everyone else's experiences has encouraged me to book it in at the dealers.

The first time it happened I was on the M5 and I jumped out of my skin as it sounded like a gunshot!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
mine did this once when I first got my car but it hasn't done it since, I put it down to whatever they used on the window when it was cleaned, it always seemed dry even when it was raining.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just picked it up and it appears there is an issue with the motor and linkage as they've ordered new parts. Get it booked in would be my advice! Perhaps they need to make the blades an inch or so shorter!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got it back from the dealers with new motor, linkage and blades and its no better. It's a sign fault with the blades, they need to be a cm further apart!

·
Registered
4 Posts
mine is the same and happened yesterday im currently in france took her on a bonding time drive only a round trip of 1450 miles lol love you Adam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had mine in first and they changed blades, motor and linkage and it was no better. Had it back again and they fitted some more new ones and adjusted the blade mountings to the 'factory guidelines'. In 3 weeks it's done it once since so not totally fixed but loads better. Think Vauxhall need to look into this, seems a common problem!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine is in at the moment to sort this out but they said they couldn't find anything wrong (they said they thought it was just probably due to "wind"!!?) and they've just changed the linkage. It really has made me not use the wipers apart from when it's absolutely pissing it down :( Hope it does get sorted.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just taken mine in. Couldn't find a fault. Felt abit like Id made it up. Why would i take car in if id not experienced problem . Just a point though . Mentioned the diamond brite paint protection can make screen sticky at first . Anyone else who's had Wiper issues also had paint protection ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same for me, they said they couldn't find anything and weren't interested at looking at this thread, only wanted to show them because I thought it might help. Will let you know if and when it happens again.
Edited by: markamericana

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've wiped my screen and wipers with a bit of vinegar . Will have to wait and see but feel a bit anxious. The noise it made was terrificly loud

·
Registered
44 Posts
This happened to me aswell not long after i had it. I dunno if its somethin to do with the stuff they valet the car with. Now ive washed it a few times and its rained, ive not had it since.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Took miss madam in today again. Adjusted wipers and thoroughly cleaned screen and blades. Hopefully that's fixed problem

1 - 20 of 81 Posts