Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing. Been having the well known to others wipers clipping together on my Adam. Took it to the dealer workshop to be told today "Its not something we or Vauxhall are aware of"- really? ... Asked for the 1cm to be cut off to cure the problem....ummms and ahhhs coming back. Don't they read the internet or these forums ever?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Find the previous posts about it and print it off and take it to them

·
Registered
27 Posts
We are still getting this issue.. The car 1st went in after 1 day of ownership

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had mine looked at and on the job card it said Non warranty! When I questioned why they said because outside forces were involved as it was heavy rain and the wipers were on fast. I said ok that's fine I just won't use them in the rain then and I won't have a problem. They then agreed to do them under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've waited a while to see how it'd go. After getting the workshop to take just 1cm off the end of the longer wiper... problem solved, hasn't done it since. Don't take "no" for an answer, I had to insist.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi All,

I have had my Adam for 1 & a half years now. I have been experiencing this wiper issue more or less since buying the car and I am still trying to get it resolved.

Like previous posts I was advised by the dealer that they hadn't heard of any wiper problems relating to the Adam.

They have replaced the linkage which didn't resolve the issue and now they have adjusted the wipers higher which does stop them banging together however they are sitting a lot higher than the black shade band and it looks ridiculous!!

I was thinking of maybe buying new wipers to see if this would resolve the issue.

Can anyone please help with any ideas as to what I can do to try and get this fixed??

Thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
I replaced my blades and I haven't had the problem since, my Adam was 18months old when I did it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for responding gillsid.

Can I ask if u fitted the exact same size wipers to your Adam when you replaced them?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks gillsid. I will give new wipers a try & hopefully it resolves it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.