Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I had been reading posts on the forum about common problems such as window wipers banging together and condensation in the lights.Can I just ask those of you who have taken your adam's back to the garage re these issues have they been happy to replace these?Any feedback would be appreciated as these problems are occuring on my adamThanks</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my Adam in for the wipers as my right hand wiper was slower than the left and they are ordering a part in for me. I am still waiting to hear back from them regarding the part and when to fit. Hopefully it will be sorted then. And the condensation, I will ring about this afternoon. My right hand back light is full of it. I hope that is covered.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would love to find out what dealer says about condensation issue as it seems to be common. In my opinion, it should not happen in new car lights as these should be sealed units.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had a new wiper linkage fitted on mine,they seem to have the new parts in stock as its a design fault,also the centre exhaust box will be replaced at some point too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wiper was completely coming off the window and smashing back on took it in they couldn't find anything and sent me on my way, next time it did it I drove straight over and it was sorted within 15 mins hopefully that's the end of that problem for me

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone

My wipers were hitting off each other a couple of months ago so I booked it into the local dealer for repair. The dealer ordered a new linkage and also authorised a new rear light cluster because of condensation. The linkage went on back order and took about 2 weeks to arrive.
Both are now fitted and so far so good although the weather has been unusually good up here in Scotland. The dealer mentioned that some manufacturers won't replace linkages during winter as they blame bad weather and owners putting wipers on over frozen windscreens for the damage. On this occasion they were happy that it wasn't the case!
Has anyone else had this done? My wipers now sit slightly above the black tinted section of the screen and look much higher than before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Heard a few people mention these problems tbh!

So glad I work at a dealership so I'll not be taking any crap off them saying they can't do anything lol ;)

Hope the problem is now 100% solved

·
Registered
424 Posts
Took mine for a service today, they are replacing the rear light clusters no problem but haven't touched the wipers. I told them it had happened about 6 times in total. They said they couldn't get it to do it so they couldn't see the fault therefore couldn't do anything about it. Like I said if it's only happened 6 times the likelihood of it happening for you today is non existent really!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts