Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 10 days I've got my first tick. It's expected 25th April

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes l8ydg it feels great! Especially how I expected it to be more like 5 weeks after my order was made! Wasn't even two!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry l8ydg haha just think though, you're a tick ahead still :D

Registered
Mine took over a month....no matter what the wait....still feels amazing. What made it even better today i went into work and got my private plate number to them ready so they can transfer it over

Registered
I think im going to keep my pvt plate on certificate and show off my 14 plate for a but :)

Registered
I thought about that, but just went with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what I want to do with my private reg yet, like the idea of seeing the 14 reg but then defeats the object of my private reg

Registered
Hmm Yeah...still much prefer seeing my private reg than a 14 plate like...means more

Registered
Yea i think il leave the 14 plate on for a couple of weeks then il swap it over

Registered
It takes longer doing it that way. Was better to have my Adam already registered with my private plate. Everyone knows it's a brand new car you can tell.

Registered
You havnt met my dealer......if i give him my plate he will register it onto a astra or something, dont trust them at all, so doing it myself for sure :)

Registered
Mine were brilliant. Did everything. Are you still gonna use the same dealer for servicing. They dont sound too good
Edited by: Tracey.A

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dealer said transfers are taking absolutely ages at the moment so he said it's better to get a retention and add it at a later date

Registered
No deffinitly not, I tryed getting another dealer to takeover the order but they couldnt and didnt want to wait another 3 weeks for it to be re ordered ect.

It only takes 2 weeks to transfer a plate and thats from dvla recieving it to the documents being back on your doorstep, so not that long reallyEdited by: L8ydg

Registered
I did mine a week after I ordered so it was ready. You get the retention then give it to them then they register your car with the private reg. Its easy enough to do.

Registered
Good job you have another dealer near you l8ydgEdited by: Tracey.A

Registered
Yea not to far away, my dealer didnt give me the teachers discount to start with so was 拢2500 more, and when i ordered they said the end of march delivery was pretty much set in stone ( i knew it wasnt ) they said any day later and i could have a courtesy car free........yep 4 weeks later when i get my first tick i call and they refuse the hire car for the 18 days, the reason was "we havnt got enough in the car now as you have had your discount added" shocking hey!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts