Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, well it's official just singed all the docs for my new vauxhall Adam glam 1.4 purple fiction with white/cream roof- so happy picking it up next week !!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
You'll have to post some pics for us all to see x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Havnt got any pictures yet will post when I go to collect it :) so happy so worth it can't wait to drive it!! Quick question anyone else get that GAP insurance ? Xx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah I went for the GAP insurance I didn't on my last car, an i10, but back then I wasn't earning as much. I took it out just in case something did happen I would never be able to have no car and finance to pay off on a car that I no longer had!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you think it's definitely worth having?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would especially if you are getting it on finance if you don't have it your normal insurance will only pay out what the car is worth at the time of the accident not what you paid for the car so you will be left with a chunk of finance left to pay and no car! Whereas the gap insurance pays you the other chunk so you get back the full amount you paid for the car and will have no finance left so you can start all over again with a clean slate. This is the first time I have purchased the GAP and do feel at ease with the car now. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had GAP insurance on my second car and you do get the balance back, so it is worth taking out, but on a second hand car, its your decision.
Brand new, most defiantly
Second hand, your choice

·
Registered
944 Posts
If your paying finance then gap is a must.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm getting finance and it's a brandnew 14 plate ... I've already got the GAP insurance signed the forms the other day was just making sure I not getting ripped off because it was like an extra £399 . Picking car up sometime this week :) :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whaaaaat £399! i think i only paid £270 for mine but they did mess my personal number plate up amongst a few other things so i got a discount.
I was in two minds about it when deciding cause i was like well if something did happen it would great to have but then i was like but if nothing does happen in the 3 years i have the car its like £300 spent on nothing!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's how much they charged me for it.. I'm sure I'll double check when I'm in for work! Could be wrong haha , my finance deal is £500 deposit and 198.99 a month on PCP 3 years

1 - 11 of 11 Posts