Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the wrong engine fitted in my Adam, I was wondering if anyone else had had anything wrong with their car and what they got as a form of compensation

·
Registered
424 Posts
There have been mistakes, wrong coloured roof, pack not fitted. I'm sure people will be on here later to help. One person got them to rebuild their car, and they drove round in the incorrectly built one until theirs was rebuilt. I think it was 0052cam - look for the posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I presume it is the wrong engine that is not in your favour? You asked and paid for a 1.4 and got a 1.2.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid for the 1.4 stop/start but got the just 1.4 so tax is an extra £90 a year, and i paid extra in the first instance. I have been told i can have the car rebuilt or compensation but wont find out how much until tomorrow

·
Registered
172 Posts
that is a big jump, it will be interesting to see what compensation they offer, there is the difference in price and then quite a few years at £90 per year, plus the fuel consumption difference.Could make a sizeable sum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have offered me 3 years free servicing or new car with an upgrade of engine to 1.4 100 horsepower rather than 87 as they no longer do the 87 stop/start for £245. I'm going back tomorrow think i will have the new car. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think I'dhave the new car, with the understanding I had the incorrect one as a long term loan while they rebuild it. However, I'd check:Will it be a s/s model, and does the 100 hpb affect the tax/year, economy costs?Do they not do the 87s/s anymore at all? If it costs a little bit more now I'd expect them to pay the difference and still have the engine I asked for

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do get the incorrect one until the other one is rebuilt. I do over 1000 miles a month so the resale of the incorrect one would cost them alot more than the 3 years free servicing, because it will have done probably 4,000 miles with the purchaser being the 3 owner.
Its the same Tax cost, and has the same MPG. They no longer do the 87 s/s only 100 s/s. Well they reckon that i didn't pay for the 87 s/s but my understanding was i did pay for it.
The 100 s/s is meant to be £1,200 more than the 87 non s/s, and they expect me to pay the price of the 87 s/s for it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds like you might as well go for it, however I can't find any evidence online they have stopped making the 87s/s. maybe they know of a 100s/s in the country somewhere that fits your specs so they can solve your problem sooner if you accept a slightly different spec, but one that's better for you.

Who made the mistake? Vauxhall or the dealer? Didn't it say s/s on your order form? They may be arguing a bit, but their actions suggest they know its their fault

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have admitted blame, but it isn't on their order form. Its on the finance documents though. It was the dealers, they put in the wrong engine code because they stopped making the 87 s/s on 1st September but they didn't tell me i couldn't have it

·
Registered
424 Posts
The configurator needs updating them, because you can still select 87 on there.
Have you decided what you will do?

·
Registered
94 Posts
This may be a silly question but how do you know the right engine has been fitted for eg if you ordered 1.4 but they put 1.2 in

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check on the registration certificate (V5) you need when taxing your car. Or if you can't find that just use a car insurance website and see what it says the car has been registered with. Physically I wouldn't know, but i'm assuming Vauxhall would register the car with the engine they fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello guys iv had a few problems with my 1.4 slam 87ps. They over filled my oil so engine was straining though tapits was guna go at any min and also a clip has broke on my avaparation pipe . I bought my Adam from Vauxhall in hudderfield so I pitting a complante in coz it was supposed to hav a precheck if I did not say anything I think it would still be straining

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ours came without the tyre pressure monitoring system which was part of the technical pack, was on the order form. Dealer has been excelent about it, ordered new car for us, 8 week wait pick it up on Monday, just been 2 see it. Have used original Adam till we get new one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They have now retracted their offer and i have to pay for the new car and I don't get the previous offers i.e £500 free fuel, £250 voucher and don't get the free insurance. So in other word if i want a new car its gonna be over £2000 more. Very Annoyed!!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have you tried contacting Vauxhall customer services directly, surely if you're pating for a s/s as shown on your finance papers then that's what you should have.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts